Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 4.0 (Unlock for GPS devices)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 190

Jen5

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 15 déc. 2010 :  13:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey and others
Been checking in from time to time. Just decided to try ver68. I was at 33 and 58 respectfully. !!!Wow!!! I cannot believe it.
I have installed Ver68 on both the mio220c and the 520c and there fantastic. Thanks to all for all the hard work and time spent.

Mio C220 ver 68 sd card,C320 ver 33 lost or stolen C520 Miopocket 4.0 Ver.68 SD Free Installation MioMap 3.3 TTS Jerrys Skins and others
Go to Top of Page

Mr.Scarface

7 Posts

Posted - 15 déc. 2010 :  14:41:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Need help with installing on Insignia NS-Nav02r.

It was Free with an Ipod Touch purchase. I am assuming it very similar to the Nav01. Problem is when I try to install MioPocket 4 to unlock it, it just stay on the Insignia Logo and does nothing else. I follow the instructions, copied and rename files as with the Nav01. When I insert the microsd card and reset.....just the insigna logo. Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 15 déc. 2010 :  15:36:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@juicer
remembering your posts, you found a way to do a complete SD installation of Miopocket by creating some folder on the SD. The status was, that MP installed fine and the only problem left was the annoying click sounds and there was no RegistryBackup.reg built.
Am I right?
If yes my first question is

Why aren't you not able to reproduce this status?

Then, sorry but I have to say, your answers back to us, are more confusing than helping to find out, what the reason for the problem is. For example you said that you have to hit the Softreset Button twice to get the Miopocket shell loading. But if the shell is not loaded, there is no (Software) Softreset Button and as a logical consequence I thought you perform a Reset via Hardwarebuttons, which explains perfectly why no RegistryBackup.reg is build and evrything is understandable for me. But you assured that you always perform Resets by Power Menu. OK, I have to trust you, but this means also that I have no clue whats wrong with your device!

Another thing which confuses me.

quote:
The shell.ini under resident flash contains the following directive:
\ResidentFlash\iGO8\igo8.exe

Then if you hit your navigation button, iGO8 should be starting and not Miopocket, or did you exchange files there?

quote:
I see a MioAutoRun folder under Resident Flash

You can leave this folder there, it didn't hurt ;)

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

zutalors

8 Posts

Posted - 15 déc. 2010 :  17:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Osprey,

I've reformatted my SD card and reloaded Mio 4.0 (68). Unfortumately I'm still having the MioPocket Settings freeze at Loading Menu. Please wait... Is there an ini file I can manually edit? I'd like to close the MioPocket's shell when running IGO. I find that sometimes the shell pops up while I'm trying to navigate.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 15 déc. 2010 :  18:33:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@zutalors
May I am allowed to help you beeing not Osprey ;)

quote:
Unfortumately I'm still having the MioPocket Settings freeze at Loading Menu.

Such freezes are often happen because some exe's of the original Software are running in the Background. One or two pages back I published a screenshot which programs are running on my device
If you have some exe's on Top of that, you should close or kill them and try if freezing is gone.

quote:
Please wait... Is there an ini file I can manually edit? I'd like to close the MioPocket's shell when running IGO.

Yes Miopocket.ini

quote:
I find that sometimes the shell pops up while I'm trying to navigate.

That's very often a problem of iGO and Miopocket's Powerbutton.exe. If you don't need the powerbutton function then switch it off.
Otherwise you have to make some adjustments to keybind.txt based in iGO's data.zip. Not so easy!

Thanks
[/quote]

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

zutalors

8 Posts

Posted - 15 déc. 2010 :  20:14:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks bumbum - MioPocket 4.0 works perfectly except whenever I try to access the icon MP Settings. This happens even after I hard reboot my GPS before any other programs are running. I did not have this problem with MioPocket 3.0 - MP settings worked fine.

If I edit Miopocket.ini does this look right? If I change NavCloseMioPocket=0 from 1 to 0?

;Whether the MioPocket shell will be closed whenever a navigation app is run. This frees about 3MB of RAM.
NavCloseMioPocket=0

Edited by - zutalors on 15 déc. 2010 20:17:44
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 15 déc. 2010 :  21:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

@zutalors

if I would have written only on single word in my response "Miopocket.ini", it would have been enough, because you picked up this and don't listen to the other stuff I wrote

I am sitting here in front of a crystal ball and will tell you what most probably will happen, if you change NavCloseMioPocket=1, (which is by the way correct to close shell at Navigation). The Miopocket shell will not pop up during iGO! So far so good, but instead Windows desktop will pop up. If this is your wish, go ahead!

It's like jwoegerbauer wrote

quote:
Juicer probably is not willing to be helped, because he never does as he was suggested to do.

Why does nobody listen

Fortunately there are examples like ljuba011. Listen==>doing like suggested==> Problem solved very quick ==> Thanks for that!

Go to Top of Page

zutalors

8 Posts

Posted - 15 déc. 2010 :  21:55:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks mr.nonobservant unfortunately that did not work.

bumbum the problem I was having with IGO WAS with the Windows desktop popping up - I assumed that by disabling the Miopocket shell this would stop this.

I was hesitant to disable Powerbutton.exe without knowing exactly what it does

Edited by - zutalors on 15 déc. 2010 22:04:28
Go to Top of Page

terzer

Bulgaria
4 Posts

Posted - 16 déc. 2010 :  01:37:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and this software, and l have few questions.
I tried MioPocket 4 on my 2din navigation unit for Mazda 6. The navigation uses maplaunch.ini file in the root directory in the sd card for launch settings (and choices). Mine looks like that:
[NAVI]
path =\\MioAutoRun.exe;
bmpiconpath = WindowsIcon.bmp;
showname = Miopocket;
nocardmsg = Sorry,no map data;

I ran it, installed it, it works fine. However when l restart the nav unit later, when l try to run MioPocket again, the installation begins again. l tried to change the launch exe:
path =\\MioAutoRun\Launch.exe; also
path =\\MioAutoRun\Scripts\Initialize.exe;
but then MioPocket don't starts. Nothing happens. Can anybody help me?
Few questions:
-How to enlarge the X (close button on the top right)?
-Can l improve somehow the performance? Igo runs smoothly, but the touch scrolling is very slow.
-How can l close MioPocket completely? If l use Shut Down, the screen turns black and l have to restart the whole navigation unit in order to be able to launch it again later. l don't have Close MioPocket option.
Thank You!
Go to Top of Page

mr.nonobservant

52 Posts

Posted - 16 déc. 2010 :  04:33:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by terzer

Hello,
I'm new to this forum and this software, and l have few questions.
I tried MioPocket 4 on my 2din navigation unit for Mazda 6. The navigation uses maplaunch.ini file in the root directory in the sd card for launch settings (and choices). Mine looks like that:
[NAVI]
path =\\MioAutoRun.exe;
bmpiconpath = WindowsIcon.bmp;
showname = Miopocket;
nocardmsg = Sorry,no map data;

I ran it, installed it, it works fine. However when l restart the nav unit later, when l try to run MioPocket again, the installation begins again. l tried to change the launch exe:
path =\\MioAutoRun\Launch.exe; also
path =\\MioAutoRun\Scripts\Initialize.exe;
but then MioPocket don't starts. Nothing happens. Can anybody help me?
Few questions:
-How to enlarge the X (close button on the top right)?
-Can l improve somehow the performance? Igo runs smoothly, but the touch scrolling is very slow.
-How can l close MioPocket completely? If l use Shut Down, the screen turns black and l have to restart the whole navigation unit in order to be able to launch it again later. l don't have Close MioPocket option.
Thank You!

THAT IS THE WAY MIOPOCKET WORKS...It (re) installs on every boot your settings are saved at shutdown andf restored when it installs again.

click and hold on a clean spot on one of the Icon pages a menu should pop up it will say Add Icons, Options, and Cancel click Options
Click the General tab (you may have to use the arrows to the right to scroll to it)
Look for the checkbox that reads 'Show exit in right click menu'
Put a checkmark in it then press OK

now when you click and hold the menu will have 'Close' at the very bottom also there is a Close miopocket choice towards the bottom of the power menu too

note using 'Shutdown' does not save any changes you have made in a session though miopocket does automatically back up every 10 minutes or so but to get an immediate back up choose 'Soft Reset' or 'Hard Reset' these both save before restarting

@Osprey how about a backup choice on the power menu for next release?

Edit:
as for the close icon have a look at MioAutoRun\Skin\MiniBar\Skins\Default\CloseButton.ini
mess around with the icon size till you get something you like if you see blocks between each letter use a different text editor.
TBH I'm kinda surprised there isnt setting for the minibar somewhere? or am I overlooking it?

.... Magellan Roadmate 1220

Edited by - mr.nonobservant on 16 déc. 2010 05:02:51
Go to Top of Page

terzer

Bulgaria
4 Posts

Posted - 16 déc. 2010 :  05:16:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank You for the answers!
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 16 déc. 2010 :  08:10:39  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mr.nonobservant

@Osprey how about a backup choice on the power menu for next release?

IMO (if iPT-skin is used) not really necessary, because this feature (unless user removed it) is to be found in "Settings" page: Backup Registry.
quote:
Originally posted by mr.nonobservant

note using 'Shutdown' does not save any changes you have made in a session though miopocket does automatically back up every 10 minutes or so but to get an immediate back up choose 'Soft Reset' or 'Hard Reset' these both save before restarting

I never understood why this automatic backup isn't restricted to devices which don't have a hive-based registry. IMO, during unlock process this should be disabled if a hive-based registry is detected.
In case of a hive-based registry a periodical call to TroNik's "RegFlushKey.exe" would be enough. Note, in PowerPrompt.mscr this already is the case, but it's not realized in AlwaysRunning.mscr.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 16 déc. 2010 08:35:04
Go to Top of Page

ljuba011

17 Posts

Posted - 16 déc. 2010 :  10:06:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bumbum

Fortunately there are examples like ljuba011. Listen==>doing like suggested==> Problem solved very quick ==> Thanks for that!

Exactly,
Confirmed 100%. People should listen this guy. Without any doubt he is trying, as I can see, to help anybody who pop a question on this forum. My fully respect once again.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 16 déc. 2010 :  11:26:36  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

recently, accumulating posts, which are absolutely pointless and only steal time, e.x.
quote:
Originally posted by terzer

-How can I close MioPocket completely? If I use Shut Down, the screen turns black and I have to restart the whole navigation unit in order to be able to launch it again later. I don't have Close MioPocket option.
Thank You!

As we all know, this feature exists, of course if one hasn't disabled the PowerButton option.

Is this a lack in MioPocket's ReadMe? Should there be mentioned only reasonable questions will be answered? Sometimes it seems to me that we are here in the Kindergarten. I always thought people who are willing/trying to unlock their PNA/GPS are serious ones, first of all getting familar with MioPocket (and it's possibilities), and only if something goes - totally - wrong, ask a question here.

Or is (in this example) the title "Power Options" misleading, should better be "Exit Options"?

[Damned, why do people not pay full attention to what they are shown?]

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 16 déc. 2010 13:05:25
Go to Top of Page

logitek

7 Posts

Posted - 16 déc. 2010 :  14:05:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone success on a Mio Spirit 475 with no SD? thanks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 190 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,77 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05