Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2166

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 [TOPIC] nuvi 37xx - User Reviews - v4.80
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 88

gpspassion

93884 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2010 :  04:26:58  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes a rubber "bumper" would be nice but fitting it in the cradle would be a problem.

Searched through the topic and I couldn't find anyone getting annoyed by the "screen beep", is it just me? Can't seem to find a way to turn it off unfortunately.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

embalse

7 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2010 :  08:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I want a case like those rubberized iPhone cases that allow you to use the unit

Yes a rubberized case would be great. I cannot see the cradle being a problem if they design it with that feature in mind.
Go to Top of Page

simfan

Belgium
69 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2010 :  10:35:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Garmin case sure looks nice. Nicer than the one I could get my hands on (the Garmin accessory case is not yet available here).
After quite some asking around I found a more than perfect fit though:
A "Golla Phone Wallet G728 Gavin" in Black. As the name suggests it is wallet shaped and can be (as I use it) used on a belt to easily carry with us. "Made in China - even having a 'dragon' motive on it :)", it is very cheap as well but was -unfortunately- the only case that offered a perfect fit.
None of maybe 100 other GSM/PDA/PND cases I saw could give my 3790T a home (not only cases being too small, but especially the 3790T being too thin).

Edited by - simfan on 17 juil. 2010 10:49:32
Go to Top of Page

wadokai

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2010 :  11:43:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As i mentioned before in a early post those of you that live in the uk can get a free wallet from specsavers if you go in and ask and just say you need a soft case for your glasses,not as nice as the Garmin leather one but will do the the trick until the leather ones are available !
No creaking with my unit ! Tried using the trip planner a few times and found that moving the via's around is quite fiddly,sometimes you pick them up easily and other times they wont move,optimizing the route seems to work in a strange way,for example changes the distance and timings but not the order of the via's, i delibratley put them in the wrong order but it did'nt change them ! Will continue to play with the 3790t and update the forum with any discovories.But still very pleased with 3790t, looking forward to a update release from garmin to fix some of the issuses mentioned in the previous posts then this unit will be awesome. Hope garmin are reading this forum !!!

cya, have a nice day.
Go to Top of Page

kma

3 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2010 :  13:49:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 3790, and I have to say the speed camera alerts are next to useless. The alert is so quiet that is impossible to hear if i'm playing music, and I'm not talking about blasting music either, I can hear the voice fine but not the alerts.
I've emailed garmin asking for a seperate volume control to be added, and possibly some way to add custom sounds, at the moment it is rubbish.
I'd also like a way to pick certain cameras only, there's not gonna be any mobile ones around at 1 or 2 in the morning so i'd like to turn them off.
It seems there's a lot of potential with this device, we'll just have to wait and see i guess.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93884 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2010 :  13:53:52  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As per the feedback I posted yesterday, you can use any sound you want when you import custom POIs with the Garmin POI-Loader tool ;-)

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

wadokai

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2010 :  14:32:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There might be a problem with your volume control as I can hear the camera warnings loud and clear ! there is extra sound settings if you search on the device.BTW I have my volume settings on 80%.

cya, have a nice day.

Edited by - wadokai on 17 juil. 2010 14:38:07
Go to Top of Page

hobus

Sweden
14 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2010 :  14:34:32  Show Profile  Visit hobus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ive been experimenting with making custom made speed cameras with a cvs-file, my question is: is it posible to make directional sensing cameras? Setting a custom speed with '@50' etc is easy, but I have no clue on direction.
Go to Top of Page

kma

3 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2010 :  14:38:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

As per the feedback I posted yesterday, you can use any sound you want when you import custom POIs with the Garmin POI-Loader tool ;-)

I have subscribed to the garmin cyclops camera database, is there any way to use custom sounds with this database or does it have to be a seperate database loaded through the poi loader?

quote:
Originally posted by wadokai

There might be a problem with your volume control as I can hear the camera warnings loud and clear ! there is extra sound settings if you search on the device.

I found some settings for the alerts but only for single tone or continuous tone, there was no volume setting apart from the main one. I'll take another look...
Go to Top of Page

Boyd

USA
1719 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2010 :  15:00:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes a rubber "bumper" would be nice but fitting it in the cradle would be a problem.

Of course - you would need to remove it for automotive use. But I was thinking of something to use when hiking.

quote:

Searched through the topic and I couldn't find anyone getting annoyed by the "screen beep", is it just me? Can't seem to find a way to turn it off unfortunately.

I agree. There is no separate volume control for the beep. Right out of the box, I thought those beeps made what was an otherwise very modern looking product seem old fashioned. If you're going to have some sort of audio feedback, it should sound better than my old Apple II computer . But I don't like spoken guidance much either, so my 3790 is permanently muted.
Go to Top of Page

danham

USA
7437 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2010 :  15:13:55  Show Profile  Visit danham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
x2 on irritating beeps. I don't like my iPhone to click at me when I type -- sounds like my old Atari 800 computer (speaking of mothball hardware [g]). I've set my nuvi to stay quiet except when giving voice directions, which I do like, especially on my motorcycle, when the screen is sometimes washed out by the sun.

-dan

- Nüvi forum moderator -
Nüvi 760 in a '14 VW GTI & zumo 660 on a BMW F800 ST
Guide to working with pre-programmed routes: >> details <<
Language Guide / US Topo / 350 & 680 / MacBook & Intel iMac with OS X & Win XP / BaseCamp / Cape Cod, MA
Go to Top of Page

wadokai

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2010 :  15:43:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The volume controls i was referring to are the ones that if you tap the speaker volume on the bottom of unit it will take you to master volume then on the top left of screen there is the three bars which if tapped take you to navigation vol and phone vol,sorry if this has caused any confusion,maybe if you turn them all to 100% that will let you hear the speed camera beep,there is a program out there that lets you edit the volume on 765t and other nuvi's but whether it will edit the 3790t I am not sure,I think there was a reference to the prog in a earlier post.

cya, have a nice day.
Go to Top of Page

kma

3 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2010 :  16:04:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
NO NEED TO QUOTE A MESSAGE DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS, MAKES THE FORUMS EASIER TO READ, THANKS ;-) GPSPASSION TEAM

My master volume page does not have three bars in the top corner, just a slider, a mute button, and a back button. I have all the latest updates from my.garmin.com and the webupdater.

Edited by - NanaimoRick on 17 juil. 2010 16:19:22
Go to Top of Page

Boyd

USA
1719 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2010 :  16:21:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah... I never noticed that before. Perhaps you only have the one volume slider if you haven't configured bluetooth? I just setup Bluetooth and I now have two sliders - Navigation and Phone - in addition to the master. Now all they need to do is add a slider for screen beep.

Thanks for the tip!
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7698 Posts

Posted - 17 juil. 2010 :  16:29:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's the '3 bars' that wadokai is referring to:

Also the volume editor program that he refers to is probably Turbocc's TTS Voice Editor program which you can download from http://turboccc.wikispaces.com/TTSVoiceEditor

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Edited by - NanaimoRick on 17 juil. 2010 16:33:59
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 88 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,95 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05