Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2266

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - General
 Miscellaneous
 Modifying 60csx firmware
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tisztul_A_Visztula

1 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2010 :  10:40:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to modify the latest 4.00 firmware. May aims are the following:

1. To increase the maximum points of the track log stored in the internal memory from 10000 to around 24000

2. To fix a bug that I have found and reported to Garmin. (they confirmed it as a bug many months ago, but it sems they do not bother with its fixing)

3. To delete the 2 internally stored maps (Basemap + Americas Marine) or at least to remove them from the list of map in Map Setup

4. And my secret dream is to modify the firmware to make it able to store waypoints into a secondary .gpx file onto SD card.

Actually the point 1 was done by a talented guy as regards earlier firmware versions, but he gave up this kind of hacking, so I see an encouraging light in front of me

I am pretty sure that it takes whole lotta time even if I just want to get familiar with the logics of the firmware but I typically follow a 'long distance runner' approach. And I gratuated as a programmer although I did not use my professional knowledge since then. 20 years...

But on the other hand I'd like to save some time, so I need some help how to start it. I was adviced to use some disassembler like IDA and I was told that 60csx has an ARM processor but that's it.

Is there anyone around who can help me with the first steps?

Thanks in advance

Ads

Gschwartz

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 01 avr. 2010 :  00:06:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regarding issue #1:
Why not store tracks directly to the SD card. With a 1 GB card, this should save you all the points you want.

See page 28 of the owner's manual.

Gary from AZ/MI seasonal.
Garmin GPSmap76CSx, Nuvi 1490T, plus Denso OEM in Mazda CX-9.
Go to Top of Page

NYK007

2 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2010 :  15:51:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

If I just want to get familiar with the logics of the firmware but I typically follow a long distance runner approach so I did not use my professional knowledge.

Thanks

Free Tenders

Edited by - NYK007 on 27 avr. 2010 15:57:10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05