Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket >> Tips & Tricks & Wishlist & More
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 67

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2010 :  01:40:04  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bumbum,
I don't believe that a "Control Panel in iPT style" would be enough of an improvement to be worth the work. We already have a Control Panel app that works well for everyone and looks good enough. As for having the Control Panel applets on MioPocket's "Settings" page, I already have some of the more important ones (battery, clock, etc.). Most of the rest are rarely used and don't need to be taking up space in MioPocket's pages. You're talking about adding approximately 26 icons to the Settings page, more than doubling its size.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2010 :  15:22:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Osprey,

as always I accept your position, was just a proposal.

@jwoegerbauer

many thanks for that hint about xml-files! Let me allow a last word about your extension Manager, which I'd fully tested inbetween. Great Job!

@ Klasno

thanks for your feedback. It's not that often, one finds a game like Basketball, where no patching is neccessary.
I inbetween found a mass of games, but very often the problem is the screen size or the Toolbar, I will have a look into all the naext days, but want to bring one of them into attention in advance

Bananas

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-bananas.html

Even if it plays only on half screen, it is worth to try. A real great action game! Please don't care about the Bananas.mscr, thats only a successless try to rotate screen, which I leave there as a base for others, who might have more success. Start with the .exe
http://www.mediafire.com/?62txzsa7s2jt6hh

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

peter-gm

10 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2010 :  15:31:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Zetakey Webkit Browser

Beta Release 2010_09_10

for Windows CE (ARM9 400MHz) is a modern web-browser, that definitly runs under MioPocket. Of course you have to kill MiniBar, TaskBar, etc. to get the complete UI shown.
DL: http://www.zetakey.com/download.html

Edited by - peter-gm on 07 nov. 2010 19:03:10
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2010 :  18:25:00  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@bumbum,

1)
quote:
Originally posted by bumbum

Let me allow a last word about your extension Manager, which I'd fully tested inbetween. Great Job!

Thanks for having tested and evaluated my ExtensionsManager script. You made my day!

2)
Because you are the absolute game hunter here, you might try this freeware (17 KB) SUDOKU game too, which is much different to all the others you know of; you must carefully read the usage info, that's very important! Enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 08 nov. 2010 :  16:28:42  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@All,

DivX Mobile Player

works perfectly in MioPocket. "DivX Player Mobile" lets you watch movies on your device through a simple video player. As you probably know, DivX is one of the most popular digital video formats at the moment and, "DivX Player Mobile" lets you enjoy these movies wherever you go, on your gps. "DivX Player Mobile" lets you watch DivX, AVI or MPEG movies in the player window or in full-screen mode. Control elements such as Play, Pause, Stop, Fast Forward and Rewind, as well as the volume can be controlled easily via finger or the stylus.

If interested in, you download the Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC version. Two short demo videos are included.

Note: The corresponding .REG-file (or neccessary extension to MioPocket's withcoming FileAssociations.reg) would be

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.divx]
@="mediaFile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.avi]
@="AviFile"
"Content Type"="video/avi"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AviFile]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AviFile\Shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AviFile\Shell\Open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AviFile\Shell\Open\Command]
@="\"\\Storage Card\\DivX Inc DivXPlayer\\DivXPlayer.exe\" %1"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DivX]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DivX\DivXPlayer]
"Path"="\\Storage Card\\DivX Inc DivXPlayer"

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 08 nov. 2010 18:28:15
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 08 nov. 2010 :  23:57:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Because you are the absolute game hunter here,

Honestly speaking, I am more looking for some useable, serious apps, but always came across some games and then...
It makes fun to try!

Thanks for Sudoku, but your DivX Player is definitely the more valuable finding. Works great and it's very slim and therefore a very good alternative for the more functional, but more Storage consuming core player.

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 09 nov. 2010 :  00:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hardly dare to ask, if possibly somebody like to explain me how swFlash32.exe scripts are working. Just as an example

quote:
If(WndExists("swFlash32"))
#Show All
SendCommand("swFlash32", 20034)

#Fullscreen
SendCommand("swFlash32", 20048)

#High quality (Low is 20035, Medium is 20036 and High is 20037
SendCommand("swFlash32", 20037)

Is there a description anywhere?

Edited by - bumbum on 09 nov. 2010 00:11:22
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 09 nov. 2010 :  03:25:16  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just as a reminder to everyone, "Media Player" (TCPMP) in MioPocket plays DivX-encoded videos, so you don't need to install anything else to play them. DivX Mobile Player is probably a good alternative if you don't like TCPMP or have trouble using it on your device, though.

bumbum,
All of those options (Show All, Fullscreen, Quality) are available via the tap-and-hold menu in swFlash32. This app is also configured, though, to accept the commands externally by sending them to the window. For example, if you send 20048 to the window ("swFlash32" is the app's window title), it makes the window go fullscreen just like if you tapped on "Fullscreen" inside the app. It's nice for scripting, as you can see. You can learn what the codes are by looking at the "Menu" resources with a resource hacker (like the ones in Extras\Win32\Resource Hackers). Unfortunately, swFlash32 is one of the very few apps that I've come across that supports external commands like this (or, at least, that I can discover what the commands are with a resource hacker).

Edited by - Osprey on 09 nov. 2010 03:51:38
Go to Top of Page

ml.906090

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - 09 nov. 2010 :  09:41:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
i found the interesting thread 16GB SDHC driver for WinCE 5.0 you perhaps might be interested in, too.
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 09 nov. 2010 :  16:47:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ml.906090
exactly this driver is already included into Miopocket, but since the new Rel. 67, I miss the SDHC.reg. Osprey???

@ Osprey
many thanks for clarification of swFlash32. Now I will pound you all with Flash apps ;)

Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1865 Posts

Posted - 09 nov. 2010 :  20:08:53  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

not only "SDHC.reg" is missing in Rel.67, as reported by bumbum. If one clicks in \Windows a .CPL-file, he/she is shown error: "There is no application associated with ...". That does not surprise me, because in "FileAssociations.reg" you can find key

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cpl]
@="Control Panel"

but the associated key

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Control Panel]

and its subkeys is entirely missing. As you will know CE's default definition is

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cpl]
@="cplfile"

and indeed the associated key (and all its accompanying subkeys)

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cplfile]
@="Control Panel extension"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cplfile\DefaultIcon]
@="\\Windows\\ceshell.dll,-4608"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cplfile\Shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cplfile\Shell\Open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cplfile\Shell\Open\Command]
@="\"\\My Flash Disk\\MioAutoRun\\Programs\\TroNik\\RunControlPanelApplet.exe\" \"%1\""

exists. The error in "FileAssociations.reg" is the red tinted line:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cpl]
@="Control Panel"

I hope this gets fixed soon.

Edited by - jwoegerbauer on 09 nov. 2010 21:50:37
Go to Top of Page

TroNik

362 Posts

Posted - 10 nov. 2010 :  03:53:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TroNik

quote:
Originally posted by jwoegerbauer
With Unlock.mscr you simply overwrite these 2 dlls

#Copy a few files to \Windows to fix Explorer and Microsoft Reader on some devices (ex. Mio Moovs)
Copy(SystemFolder\"CE5\ole32.dll", "\Windows\ole32.dll")
Copy(SystemFolder\"CE5\oleaut32.dll", "\Windows\oleaut32.dll")

and I don't know, whether this really makes sense.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
3. The Copy command does not overwrite unless the overwrite? flag (third parameter) is true.

Osprey, remember that there is the ROM based file system and the RAM based one. The above two lines of code successfully copy the files to the RAM based file system since the original ones exist in the ROM based file system (that's the reason I added the code and comment you can find in the SafeXCopy subroutine). You should switch back to how it was in R59 that you first check that it's a CE5 device and that these files don't exist. But still this won't allow mio moov devices to run explorer since the ole* files do exist in ROM. It's just that they are missing some functions. The correct solution is to additionally check that OLE32_MCOMSTM is not defined in ceconfig.h.

Osprey,
It seems you overlooked my previous post since in Release 67 you are still overwriting the ole*.dll files. The correct code is:
#Copy a few files to \Windows to fix Explorer and Microsoft Reader on some devices (ex. Mio Moovs)
If(CeVersion >= 5 AND FileExists("\Windows\ceconfig.h"))
	If(not Find(ReadFile("\Windows\ceconfig.h"), "OLE32_MCOMSTM"))
		Copy(SystemFolder\"CE5\ole32.dll", "\Windows\ole32.dll")
		Copy(SystemFolder\"CE5\oleaut32.dll", "\Windows\oleaut32.dll")
	EndIf
EndIf

http://iphonetoday.googlecode.com/
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 10 nov. 2010 :  09:22:05  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bumbum,
I moved SDHC.reg to the Extras\Patches folder so that it'd be an optional thing for people.

jwoegerbauer,
Thanks for pointing that out. That was an accident.

TroNik,
I'm not setting the overwrite flag for the Copy operation, so I don't see how they're overwritten.

Go to Top of Page

TroNik

362 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2010 :  02:44:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,
The Copy command copies the files to the RAM based file system while the original ones are in ROM.

http://iphonetoday.googlecode.com/
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2010 :  05:57:35  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
TroNik,
Oh, do you mean overridden (since overwritten means replacing, which isn't happening here)? I was under the impression that all libraries and APIs were loaded from ROM into RAM at startup. Is that not the case and are some libraries, like ole32.dll and oleaut32.dll, loaded only when needed? If so, then I can understand how they'd be overridden.

Edited by - Osprey on 12 nov. 2010 20:56:43
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 67 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05