Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1942

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket >> Tips & Tricks & Wishlist & More
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 67

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 16 mars 2010 :  03:41:29  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lexan,
I had tried only the WM2003 version, but, since you mentioned it, I just tried the WM5 version and I get the same error about a missing "phone" component as I do with Bing Mobile (which, also, is for WM5+, no WM2003 version available). It doesn't matter much, though, since the WM2003 version is important for CE4 users, anyways.

Yeah, I'll likely add Live Search to MioPocket and keep Virtual Earth Mobile, since the latter is simpler to use for people outside of the US and UK and, apparently, more usable to track your position.

BTW, were you able to get Live Search to communicate with the GPS chip? I've set the program to the right COM port and it just can't find it. My only guesses are that it's hardcoded to communicate on a specific baudrate or the selection under Settings is hidden underneath the program's top menu (an unfortunate problem with .NET CF apps on non-PPC/WM devices). In exploring the latter possibility, though, I've experimented putting values in the preferences.xml that the program generates (and which it stores the GPS port, I've proven), but no luck so far.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 16 mars 2010 07:17:16
Go to Top of Page

Lexan

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 16 mars 2010 :  04:00:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was able to get Live Search to track also. I went into setting on the main nav page and set my cache to 128mb and my gps to com2, it took about five minutes but then arrow changed from grey to orange and started tracking me. I do like VEM for the quality images up close, but tracking was more tedious then live maps. Like i said tho, I am keeping both. Oh and you did this I'm sure on map menu set center on GPS, but then like I said five minutes arrow changed from grey to orange and started moving.

Edit: yeah I bet it could be your baud rate, manually set yours to 4800 then set gps port in Live search like you did. By the way you had set-up VEM I would say your baud is 58000, so make it do 4800 with mmsirf or aplsirf.

Edit2: After further testing I found a problem. It will still work offline as long as you don't exit, but once you exit and disconnect from internet it will not used stored cache to open map. The first time I tested, I disconnected from the internet and never exited Live Search, and it tracked and changed maps in cache just fine. Second time I tried later and reopened Live Search not connected to internet and it would not load a map from cache. Weird thing tho, if I chnge my cache to 64Mb it loads maps, then I change it back to 128Mb and it loads maps.

Mio Moov M400, MioMap 2009, MioPocket 3.0 R57, Windows CE 5.0

Edited by - Lexan on 16 mars 2010 05:43:33
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 16 mars 2010 :  19:10:55  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fooling GPS-Applications written for Windows Mobile when using them in Windows CE

GPS-apps written for WinMo relies on presence of GPSID (GPS Intermediate Driver -> part of WinMo OS). To get those apps running at CE devices, we can try to add some registry entries like these:

; this a fake GPSID for Windows CE 5.0 Core

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver]
"CurrentLogFile"=""
"IsEnabled"=dword:1
"MaxLogFileSize"=dword:0
"OldLogFile"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers]
"CurrentDriver"="FakeGPSDevice"  ; must it give a name here
"InputBufferSize"=dword:400
"OutputBufferSize"=dword:400
"RetryWaitOnError"=dword:3
"SleepOnNoData"=dword:3f8

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer]
"DriverInterface"="COM4:"  ; default/mapped GPS COM-port

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\ActiveDevice]
"Index"=dword:4    ; default/mapped GPS COM-port
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 17 mars 2010 :  01:20:01  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lexan,
I felt a little embarrassed before when I realized that Virtual Earth Mobile had been replaced by Live Search, which had been replaced by Bing Mobile. Now, I feel really embarrassed because I've learned that the version of Virtual Earth Mobile that we've been messing with (1.68) isn't even the last version of VEM released. The last version seems to be 1.71 and, guess what, it includes click-and-drag scrolling. In other words, I went to all of the trouble of creating that directional pad for 1.68 for nothing! :) In my defense, I guess, the previous version was the only version available at viavirtualearth.com, and I assumed that it'd be the latest, but I should've checked. Anyways, you now have a new VEM to play with :)... Download. I'm not sure of the other new features. Perhaps you can figure out what, if any, there are.

As for Live Search, I tried what you suggested--choosing "Center on GPS" and waiting as long as 20 minutes--and it still doesn't work for me. As for baudrate, I'm pretty sure that you can't change which one the GPS chip operates at (just what the software attempts to use).

EDIT: Oh, rats. I was able to find the DLLs that Bing Mobile complains about needing and it gets past that point in the loading to the very end, then gives a generic error without details and exits. So close, yet, without any explanation of the error, no clues to get any closer. If you'd like to try it, regardless, the DLLs are here. EDIT #2: I've found that it creates a LiveSearchError.txt in the root of the device and lots of info is in there, but nothing yet to know what to do about it.

jwoegerbauer,
The registry settings don't do anything when the driver, itself, is missing. If you can find gpsid.dll and gpsapi.dll, maybe it'll work.

daniHG,
I've been messing with wceloadext.exe for, really, the first time and notice that, when it "installs," it associates .cab files with itself. Basically, that's all that it does. So, that must mean that, indeed, it's meant to be a replacement for wceload.exe. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. When I double-click on a .cab file with wceloadext.exe "installed," nothing happens. Does that work for you? I'm skeptical of CABInstl being used with it because wceloadext.exe is meant to do the installation, itself. I think that what it all comes down to is that wceloadext.exe doesn't work at all. Correct me if you've actually had some success with it.

Edited by - Osprey on 17 mars 2010 08:43:45
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 17 mars 2010 :  10:35:01  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Osprey,

as I understood it, the "GPS Intermediate Driver" supports multiplexing the GPS hardware present on a Windows Mobile-based device across multiple applications. Thus the Windows Mobile specific "GPS Intermediate Driver" is nothing else but a driver that provides a virtual (GPS) COM-port to GPS-applications, if you will it's a COM-port-splitter, thus the GPS-port gets not locked by any application.
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms850332.aspx)
GPS-applications written for Windows Mobile look in the registry under the keys I've listet above to find out from what port the GPS-data are to be read.
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms894901.aspx)
Hence, that's my conviction, the gpsid.dll and gpsapi.dll you pointed out are never needed at WinCE devices.

Of course, I might be totally wrong.

FYI: Files gpsid.dll and gpsapi.dll (compiled for cpu-type 01C2, same as e.g. with .NET CF 3.5 cgautil.exe) can be found here .
Go to Top of Page

petrutms

49 Posts

Posted - 17 mars 2010 :  17:27:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jwoegerbauer , i`ll test your theory soon, i made .net cf work on my device. Track me now complaints about missing assembly outlook or something, is not included in netcf for winmo either. But made another gps traking app work.
Go to Top of Page

Lexan

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 17 mars 2010 :  18:38:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Osprey,

1.71 is better then 1.68, being able to drag map is a huge plus. I still think D-pad was not a waste of time tho, I still need it for zoom, and the direction arrows are great for launching scripts. One thing is VEM changed the maps it uses here recently, it made me delete my old cache and now it updates with the lesser quality maps of live search. One issue tho is if your online don't drag faster then it can load maps or you'll get a load error and it won't go away until you delete your cache. Anyway I still like it and the lesser quality maps are better on memory, and VEM still allows for offline use.

Mio Moov M400, MioMap 2009, MioPocket 3.0 R57, Windows CE 5.0
Go to Top of Page

darvin

Brazil
1 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2010 :  01:27:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please, I downloaded miopocket 3.0 release 58, but I couldn´t install it into my mio moov 200!! I did all steps according the readme file, but nothing is happening when a turn the device on. Please, help me!
Ps. Instalation in SD card.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2010 :  04:14:00  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jwoegerbauer,
You can't just have a driver with registry settings, though. There has to be some kind of code-based driver file. That's what I believe gpsid.dll is, with "gpsid" being short for "gps intermediate driver." If you set Live Search to use "GPS Intermediate Driver" in Settings and attempt to use it, it complains about gpsid.dll. That's why I mentioned it and the related gpsapi.dll. Thanks for the link to those files. I spent almost an hour last night trying to find those two files. Alas, even after supplying those two files, the error in Live Search persists, so I'm not sure where to go from here. Because the gpsid appears to be a WM thing, though, I'll probably give up on it and try further to get Live Search to communicate with the GPS directly, which we know (from other apps) is possible.

petrutms,
Like I just now wrote in the MioPocket 3.0 thread, I've gotten further than you and still can't get TrackMe to run. To see for yourself (and in case you can figure it out when I couldn't), HERE are the missing DLLs that you now need. Also, HERE are some more DLLs, including a different version of the PocketOutlook DLL to try.

davin,
I've answered you in the MioPocket 3.0 thread, as this "tips & tricks" thread isn't really for general MioPocket support.

Edited by - Osprey on 18 mars 2010 04:25:18
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2010 :  08:26:25  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lexan,
Check this out... another option in addition to Virtual Earth Mobile and Live Search: Map24 Mobile.zip

It's freeware and supports Europe, North America, South America, the Middle East, South Africa and Australia! It's really detailed at the closest zoom levels (has awesome zoom animation, BTW) and allows for a 3D view (not buildings, but a 3D view of the 2D map). Sadly, it doesn't have any GPS support (so you need to find your location on your own) and doesn't even allow for offline use, but is really superb when online and you do know where you are.

Tips (to save you a little bit of the time that it took me to figure things out): 1) Go into Settings on the Menu to choose your region and other settings. Each region is a separate map, so you can't get to NA by zooming out of or panning the EU map. 2) Enable finger scrolling by pressing the hand icon on the toolbar (but don't forget to try the default lasso mode, which is quite handy, too). 3) There's a triangle button in the lower-right corner for swapping between the two included toolbars that you can't access with MioPocket's MiniBar in the way, so you will need to employ the MiniBar's "hide for 20 seconds" feature (via its triangle icon) to access it (finally, a use for that).

Edited by - Osprey on 18 mars 2010 08:35:58
Go to Top of Page

petrutms

49 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2010 :  08:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@osprey, gpscyclecomputer works fine, including live tracking. But you cant use your own server, that`s why i want trackme, it have the option to use your own server. I`ll still look into the problem.
Go to Top of Page

bumbum

519 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2010 :  11:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lexan,
seems rungps http://www.rungps.net/wiki/HomeEN would be a perfect Software for your needs. Two issues: It costs €15,-- to buy, but you can get a triel version for 14 days and I don't know, if it would be possible to run on WinCE

Falk F8, only used for real car Navigation, Miopocket Rel. 5? installed / Becker 7928 test device for car and writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Medion 4435 only test device on writing desk, always newest Miopocket version / Often others
Go to Top of Page

H226

Austria
40 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2010 :  21:16:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, me again

there exists the freeware ClearTemp, I want to bring in your attention, I think it's a must have utility, worthful enough to become part of MioPocket.
This small tool simply clears the contents of the folder \Temp. It provides no UI, and is meant to be run in the StartUp group, to clear the contents of this folder each time a soft-reset is performed. Usage: You would copy it into \MioAutoRun\Programs folder and run it by adding this line to "Initialize.mscr"

Run(ProgramsFolder\"ClearTemp.exe")

Download location: http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/cestuff.html
Go to Top of Page

jwoegerbauer

1863 Posts

Posted - 18 mars 2010 :  21:39:25  Show Profile  Visit jwoegerbauer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
!!! This may not work on all devices, hence don't complain me !!!

Using RAPICONFIG (by Microsoft) to programmatically tailor your device from outside

For a while, I have hesitated to show this solution because the RAPICONFIG software's configuration module (XML-file) has to be authored manually. Desipte the tediousness and technicality, I decided to post this method to demonstrate a special technique for setting up your device.

For example: this is a XML-blob, that configures the device's timezone

<wap-provisioningdoc>
   <characteristic type="clock">
      <parm name="TimeZone" value="4"/>
   </characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>

===> Read more about RAPICONFIG here.

Important:
a) RAPICONFIG.EXE is a tool from Windows Mobile SDK, it can be found online easily with search engines if you don't have the SDK.
b) To send the configuration file, on the desktop PC - connected via ActiveSync® or Windows Mobile DeviceCenter to your device - open Command Prompt from Windows Start Menu, change to the folder containing RAPICONFIG.EXE and the configuration file, then run RAPICONFIG.EXE /P ConfigFileName.
Go to Top of Page

petrutms

49 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2010 :  13:26:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone know if is possible to hide or lock a partition ( like ResidentFlash ) or some folder on that partition from reading it in file browsers? Found a way, but must be included in the wince image, cant do that. Want to lock it after booting. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 67 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,84 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05