Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2317

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 PC and MAC GPS Software
 Dell Slate With Garmin Mobile PC
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim1348

USA
540 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2010 :  15:00:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With Dell announcing that it will have a slate PC and me thinking this would be a nice GPS with Garmin Mobile PC, would that go here or in the smartphone sub-forum? If the price was right, I would certainly consider a 5 inch slate computer. With a good mount, this would be handy for navigating when driving and surfing while not driving.

http://ces.cnet.com/2300-31045_1-10002120-1.html?s=0&o=10002120&tag=mncol;page

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/30646/dell-internet-tablet-slate-announced

Ads

gpspassion

94046 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2010 :  09:20:39  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A few questions though !
- how is legibility going to in a bright environment?
- does Garmin Mobile PC still exist? Mobile XT has been quietly discontinued.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

Marvin Hlavac

Canada
6904 Posts

Posted - 28 janv. 2010 :  01:46:57  Show Profile  Visit Marvin Hlavac's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Garmin Mobile PC still exists. Recently they started to sell a version with updated map data (both NA version, and EU version).

Marvin Hlavac
Go to Top of Page

Jim1348

USA
540 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2010 :  18:02:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like the Dell Mini 5 is getting closer to being released. If it is priced right, with a mobile mount, and good software, this could be a suitable automobile GPS that could be removed from the mount and used to surf the web away from the vehicle. I suppose if this gets bundled with AT&T, perhaps I should have posted this in the PDAs and PDAPhones with built-in GPS. I think that this may be yet another example of how the lines of demarcation between what is a GPS vs. smartphone vs. computer are getting blurred. It would seem as if neither size nor manufacturer brand name necessarily is the determining factor.

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=2211&view=1&c=dell_mini_5_dell_streak

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/11/dell-mini-5-we-have-it/

Edited by - Jim1348 on 14 févr. 2010 18:04:20
Go to Top of Page

Jim1348

USA
540 Posts

Posted - 04 août 2010 :  06:11:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that this is available in the UK and might be available soon in the US, I have looked at specifications a bit closer, but I can't seem to tell if the navigation feature is cell phone based or GPS based.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94046 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2010 :  19:16:11  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There does appear to be a GPS chip inside so the hardware is there, now you need an on-board GPS app, CoPilot possibly ?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

Jim1348

USA
540 Posts

Posted - 07 août 2010 :  02:02:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is what I was wondering about, also. I beleive this is available in the UK and I was that one of our friends there would post something, but I guess I simply need to wait for a while and read some reports one this becomes available here in the states.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05