Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2275

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 How to upgrade/downgrade the firm. on Mio (Moov+C)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 167

jvdp

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2010 :  04:04:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm getting another mio moov 300 AU identical to this one. can you link me to some instructions on how to extract the firmware and transfer it to the other device?
Go to Top of Page

g_alin

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2010 :  21:00:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
first page, first post,

"If you have a different firmware you need to back-up your wince. To do that, you need DiscRW utility.
If your device is unlocked and you can run applications on your PNA, try to use this DiskRW software:
http://www.4shared.com/file/134354901/9ef633/DiskRW.html
instructions:
1.Start DiskRW
2.Select from combo-box (close to 'Store:') -> SMFlash
3.Press '...' button and select 'Storage Card' (where to save your SMFlash.img); If '...' doesn't work you can write (using any keyboard you have) the name of the SDCard folder of your PNA (ex: \Storage Card\, \SDMMC\ ...)
4.Press 'Read' button. A Hourglass will appear and it will take approx. 30 sec.
If the above application doesn't work, you should contact me to (on this thread) to fins a solution. Because every device is different I can’t give you a DiskRW custom made for your model."
Go to Top of Page

jvdp

Australia
10 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2010 :  23:00:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks,
I'e tested diskRW on this device I have here, (although its unlocked and flashed with a different firmware) it worked easily enough. I'll do as much as I can without altering the OS of the other one once I get it in a couple of weeks.

BTW I've been reading though all 75 Pages of this and my applause goes out to you g_alin, you really have a passion for this stuff.
Go to Top of Page

g_alin

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2010 :  01:45:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you jvdp.
Go to Top of Page

miolover

529 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2010 :  15:27:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
galin,tronik, anyone :

can you help me here? I look at registry and i find this entries:

instldircnt 00000001(1)
instl 00000001(1)

I am pretty sure that is the 30 day trial count. what should i do to eliminate that? PLEASE..... tell me.

Anyway since miopocket does not have the current date and time, i dont think 30 day count works. this is the 2nd day i used and it still say, 1 day. but i still want it removed. any tricks for that registry entry? make (1) a (0) perhaps?

Edited by - miolover on 23 oct. 2010 15:52:08
Go to Top of Page

sonycam

Croatia
21 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2010 :  22:00:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by g_alin

sonycam,

let me know if it works ...
http://www.4shared.com/file/GKf2MWRd/C620_WEU_ROM_R06399061106.html

hello g_alin
think this is not working,I try to install MioPcket on it but its not working.If you have any other image or solution,please it is helpfull
Go to Top of Page

g_alin

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 25 oct. 2010 :  18:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
miolover,
Can you give me more details ... I don't understand your question.
If you want to change registry into wince 5.0 use TRE. If you want to do that periodically (or automatic ...) use MortScript (or MortScript + TRE)

sonycam,
After you upload the firmware you get an answer like "completed 100%, please restart" ?
If you get this answer the firmware upgrade is working ... only that you have problems installing other softwares. Try to use the upgrade with Format ...
If the firmware doesn't work you get answers like: "unknown image format" or it get stuck at some upgrade percentage ...
Go to Top of Page

sonycam

Croatia
21 Posts

Posted - 25 oct. 2010 :  19:59:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes i got completed 100%,and I try format flash,but allways whit USB(format) didnt try by SD/MMC(format).
problem is that I allways get the screen whit message that I need miomap rcovery.
All I want is to remove this screen and see desktop.
Go to Top of Page

g_alin

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 25 oct. 2010 :  23:46:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sonycam,
Sounds like you need a custom firmware:
1. removed this application (miomap recovery screen)
2. filmanCE to be started automatically, at power on (and you'll manually remove the registry that starts filmanCE; after installing MioPocket)
If you need help, to change the firmware, let me know.
Go to Top of Page

miolover

529 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2010 :  04:38:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
g_alin:

I installed a trial version of isilo. I want help to get rid of that 30 day countdown by hacking the registry. When I check the registry I found this entry in:

HKLM/software/apps/isilo

instldircnt 00000001(1)
instl 00000001(1)

I am pretty sure that is the 30 day trial count. what should i do to eliminate that? PLEASE..... tell me.

That's exactly what I want help from I dunno how to write script or modify settings in tre.

i also googled. The usual registry line is read:

Instl"=dword:00000001

in normal installations I am thinking can i make a script that will input

Instl"=dword:00000001

registry entry of isilo as if it was installed normally? and how will i add it? a script or direct edit in registry? when i click edit in TRE i can only change the value of 1. is there a way where i can add that dword entry in TRE?

Edited by - miolover on 26 oct. 2010 04:43:54
Go to Top of Page

sonycam

Croatia
21 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2010 :  16:45:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
g_alin yes I need help because dont know where is aplication that need to remove and registry files
Go to Top of Page

ablbd

361 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2010 :  19:43:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi to everyone
I got one week ago a Moov330-N179 with a fully erased nand. Obviously one clever guy either played pianno on the nand pins and managed to erase everything, including nboot & uboot, or entered in some uboot option which erases the entire nand.

My question to anybody who reads this topic: do you have such a device + jtag equippment(wiggler) + courrage and will to connect a working device on jtag? If so, I will provide a modified sjf for s3c2443 + K9LAG08 nand which is capable to dump the required physical nand blocks.

Thanks.

Edited by - ablbd on 26 oct. 2010 19:58:23
Go to Top of Page

g_alin

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2010 :  23:06:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sonycam,

http://www.4shared.com/file/k_1208dh/modified_C620.html
this firmware has a mortscript that is running every time you restart (or reset) your device.
"
# WAIT 15 sec.
sleep ( 15000 )

if FileExists("\Storage Card\MioAutoRun.exe")
# RUN MioAutoRun.exe from SDCard
RunWait ("\Storage Card\MioAutoRun.exe")
endif

# delete registry
RegDelete ( "HKLM", "Init", "Launch99" )
# original was:
# "Launch99"="Launcher.exe"
# you can add it later ... on your unlock

Exit
"
I don't know if is working so .. it would be a good idea to test it first (I don't have the hardware to test it). After reflash turn on the device, wait 30 sec., plug the usb to pc and gps (and the GPS will restart automatically) ... while is restarting disconnect the GPS from PC.
Now you will know that the script is running. (you will see the desktop ... but no taskbar .. so is useless ...)
After that you have to make your our unlock (or use one ... on the shelf ...).
To use the unlock you have to restart (or reset) your device ...
After restart you have 15 to insert the card with unlock (after 15sec. the mortscript will start file \Storage Card\MioAutoRun.exe) ... this can be another mortscript ... or another unlock.
My unlock will delete "HKLM", "Init", "Launch99" always ... if you want to place the "Launcher.exe" use another LaunchXX ... for example "Launch98".
This program will launch other applications ... (some are important .. like USB connections) but will start also the annoying "MioMapMissing.bmp" ... in your script you can try to overwrite this file from \windows with an empty one ... maybe is not going to show you that image (it is possible also to crash the wince ... in that case you have to RESET to go back to your initial stat).
During those test I will recommend you to left the UPGRADE SCREEN always open ... in case you have to reflash ... or format your My flash disk.
Let me know if you need more details.

miolover,
"what should i do to eliminate that?" eliminate stands for Delete?
use mortscript:
RegDelete ( "HKLM", "software\apps\isilo", "instl" )
RegDelete ( "HKLM", "software\apps\isilo", "instldircnt" )

If you want to make a new entry:
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "software\apps\isilo", "instl",1 )
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "software\apps\isilo", "instldircnt",1 )
"is there a way where i can add that dword entry in TRE?"
in TRE try the menu 'New' to add entries
some information about TRE: http://www2r.biglobe.ne.jp/~tascal/download/pocketpc/tre_e.htm

sorry ablbd ... I don't have ...
BTW: do you know how we can write to NAND Flash from wince? I tried that some times a go .. and I stopped ... the main reason will be to modify the UT settings of a Magellan GPS (the UPGRADE software from Mio doesn't work ...).
Probably something like:
bool Read(ULONGLONG llOffset, DWORD dwLength, BYTE *buffer, DWORD &dwRead)
{
if (!_ok) return false;

// the buffer passed in the request must be allocated with vmbase. otherwise it will be incorrectly
// translated to be in filesys.exe's process space.
DWORD req[3];
req[0]= DWORD(llOffset);
req[1]= dwLength;
req[2]= (DWORD)globalptr(buffer);
DWORD nRet;
flashdrvdebug("flashdrv_device::Read(%I64x, %08lx, %08lx):rq=%08lx\n", llOffset, dwLength, buffer, req);
/*
BOOL iores= _dvr.DrvIOControl(_dwHandle, IOCTL_FMD_NAND_READ_WLAN_DATA, NULL, 0, (PBYTE)req, 12, &nRet);
*/
BOOL iores= DeviceIoControl(_dwHandle, IOCTL_FMD_NAND_READ_WLAN_DATA, NULL, 0, (PBYTE)req, 12, &nRet, NULL);
dwRead= dwLength;
flashdrvdebug("->%08lx, ret=%08lx\n", iores, nRet);
return true;
}
bool Write(ULONGLONG llOffset, DWORD dwLength, const BYTE *buffer, DWORD &dwWritten)
{
if (!_ok) return false;

DWORD req[3];
req[0]= DWORD(llOffset);
req[1]= dwLength;
req[2]= (DWORD)globalptr(buffer);
DWORD nRet;
/*
BOOL iores= _dvr.DrvIOControl(_dwHandle, IOCTL_FMD_NAND_WRITE_WLAN_DATA, (PBYTE)req, 12, NULL, 0, &nRet);
*/
BOOL iores= DeviceIoControl(_dwHandle, IOCTL_FMD_NAND_WRITE_WLAN_DATA, (PBYTE)req, 12, NULL, 0, &nRet, NULL);

dwWritten= dwLength;
return true;
}
Unfortunately I don't have experience with C ... if you can help me (and you have time ...) let me know and I will give you more details about that ...
Go to Top of Page

miolover

529 Posts

Posted - 27 oct. 2010 :  00:10:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
g_alin,
"what should i do to eliminate that?" eliminate stands for Delete?
use mortscript:
RegDelete ( "HKLM", "software\apps\isilo", "instl" )
RegDelete ( "HKLM", "software\apps\isilo", "instldircnt" )

I know that registry line will delete those entry. The question is: is it safe? And I know the result will only be known until I try it.

If you want to make a new entry:
RegWriteDWord( "HKLM", "software\apps\isilo", "instl",1 )
"is there a way where i can add that dword entry in TRE?"
in TRE try the menu 'New' to add entries

I wonder if your script will result with a registry like this:

Instl=dword:00000001
instldircnt=dword:00000001

And essentially that's what I think is the hack I need. With the new command. Instead of making a script, can I just directly input the dword entry in the new command in TRE?

Also I dont think i need this:

since i think that line is for counting trials or installations?

I just want to know if those scripts u mentioned won't brick my gps. That if ever it messed up, A hard reset will fix it? Thanks.

Edited by - miolover on 27 oct. 2010 00:12:50
Go to Top of Page

g_alin

USA
817 Posts

Posted - 27 oct. 2010 :  00:14:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
miolover,
If your GPS has RAM based registry ... it's OK. After reset all your registry changed with default ones (from FLASH).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 167  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,77 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05