Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2402

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 2.0 (Unlock for Mios and other PNAs)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 42

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  09:38:05  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Attention! This thread is now obsolete.
Please visit the new MioPocket 3.0 thread:
http://gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=126303

MioPocket 2.0
Unlock for Mio-brand GPS devices and other brands with 480x272, 320x240, 480x234 or 800x480 displays

Scroll down for larger (and more) images of the included skins

Download: See the MioPocket 3.0 thread (link at top of post) to download the latest version

What is MioPocket?
MioPocket is an unlock kit--an installable package of programs, scripts, registry files and skins--to unlock Mio-brand GPS devices (plus some other brands) and allow them to be used as PDAs (i.e. personal, handheld computers). MioPocket is the most-packed and most-fully-featured unlock for GPS devices available and is free and legal to use, as it consists 100% of freely-distributable content. What MioPocket is not is a replacement for MioMap or any other OEM navigation software. It is just a different environment from which one may launch such software.

What types of programs and features does MioPocket come with?
MioPocket comes with just about everything that you'd want: two media players (video and audio, nearly all popular formats, including MP3, WMA, OGG, MP4, H.264, WMV, MOV, DivX and XVid), three book readers, multiple dictionaries (inc. English to 5 languages), literally dozens of games, two image viewers, two paint programs, MS Office document viewers, text editors, a MioMap route manager, four general GPS plotting/mapping apps, three appointments/tasks apps, a contacts app, a calculator, a unit converter, registry editors, task manager/switchers, file managers, an alarm clock and more (all free/shareware). See the Readme file for a full list. Note: MioPocket does not come with MioMap, iGo, Garmin, TomTom or any other commercial navigation software. Icons and scripts are included for them, but not the programs, themselves (since they are not free).

Which devices does MioPocket run on?
MioPocket should run on all Mio GPS devices and can be made to run on a great many non-Mio, WinCE-based GPS devices, as well. Due to the great number of included programs/features and the wide range of models that MioPocket can run on, not quite all applications or features will work on every single model. Non-Mio brands that MioPocket reportedly works on include Magellan Maestro, Navigon, Harman Kardon, Asus, Navman, Omnitech, Loox and some others that run Windows CE, but installation instructions for these devices may not be included. See the gpspassion.com forums for those devices to learn how to tweak MioPocket to unlock them. Note that TomTom and Garmin devices are Linux-based and, hence, MioPocket (which is Windows CE-based) cannot run on them.

Does MioPocket install to SD or to flash disk (SD-free)?
Both. You have the option of either. See the Readme file for instructions.

What features make MioPocket unique compared to other unlocks?
* Support for 480x272, 320x240, 480x234 and 800x480 displays.
* Install to SD card or to internal flash drive (SD-free).
* Close any open application, even those without any way to exit.
* Minimize any open application and return to it at any time.
* Bring up the keyboard without closing or minimizing an application.
* Input text via small keyboard, large keyboard or handwriting recognition.
* Rotate the screen on-the-fly for apps that work better in portrait mode.
* Remote control your device from your Windows desktop.
* Access your device while connected to USB (no connection screen in the way).
* Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5 pre-installed.
* Assign any app (ex. MioMap, any other navigation app or the device's original menu) to a quick launch button found on every page.
* Access the start menu without displaying the obstructive and ugly taskbar.
* Automatic registry importing. Just add your own .reg file to the Registry folder and it will be imported during installation.
* All of MioPocket's settings can be configured directly from a menu within MioPocket.
* More included applications and games than any other unlock.
* Many more things...

For more information and answers to other questions, please read the whole Readme file.

The Skins:

Vista Ultimate

Stopword (by Stopword)

Vista Aurora

Vista Ultimate 320x240 (left) and Vista Aurora 320x240 (right)

Stopword 320x240 (by Stopword)

Outdated skins:

GSTheme Vista (by gs4322)

GSTheme iClone (by gs4322)

GSTheme Chrome (by gs4322)

Ice (by pat_ty)

Blue (by Indabox)

Ice 320x240 (modification of pat_ty's skin) and Blue 320x240 (modification of Indabox's skin)

Note: The Ice, Ice 320x240, Blue and Blue 320x240 skins have not been thoroughly updated for quite some time, so do not have icons for all of the apps and scripts. Keep that in mind before choosing them. You may, though, customize them, yourself, in order to add missing icons.

Enjoy! Feedback is most welcome. If you have any problems or questions not answered in the Readme, feel free to ask here. If you need to upload a screenshot, use this link and the URL for the image will be http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/<filename>

BTW, if you want some video to test the media player with, here's a zip with a few videos that I encoded at 480 pixels wide (on smaller displays, Media Player will scale) and in MP4 and DivX formats: MioPocket Sample Videos
FYI, I used Prism (an excellent, free converter for Windows) to convert them: http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html
Another good, free converter is Handbrake, which works on Windows, MacOS and Linux: http://handbrake.fr/?article=download

Finally, if you want to create icons for MioPocket, I highly recommend the free IcoFX (http://www.icofx.ro) for Windows. Also, if you want to make icons for the Stopword skins that resemble the existing icons, the following Photoshop templates should make that easy. Stopword Photoshop templates.zip

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 27 mai 2009 16:54:39

Ads

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  09:45:31  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
WARNING to those new to this thread: You are wasting your time if you continue reading past this point. The next few hundred pages are very old and completely out-of-date. No one expects you to read the whole thread. Believe it or not, some people try to read or skim through the whole thread to find their answers.

MioPocket has evolved substantially since this thread was started, so the information in the first 90% of the pages of this thread is largely irrelevant. You will likely not find any answers to your problems by reading this thread page by page from the beginning. What you should do is read, maybe, the last 10-20 pages of the thread. That will be much more relevant to the current state of MioPocket.

Edited by - Osprey on 04 janv. 2009 10:31:13
Go to Top of Page

RickShelton

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  12:23:10  Show Profile
@Osprey,
I thought 1.2r15 was nice, but 2.0r16 totally blows it away, thanks for your hard work. I appreciate it

Rick Shelton
Mio C320/Miopocket2.0R16
Go to Top of Page

Jen5

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  14:18:24  Show Profile
Osprey
I have the Bupahs 3.5 task bar will it still work with that? I tried and when I insert the card or soft reset nothing happens. I did rename the 2 files to oscaradm.exe and oscaradm.mscr. By the way I checked the registry after the installation and the old registry setting were ther that miomy had said to use in previous version. I did not touch them yet. I also tried the systeminformation.exe, mortscript.exe and mioautorun.exe When I did it gave me an eror clicked out of filman and I got the theme but in larger size not 320x240. Checked registry again and there is the old settings under MioAutoRun from ver 14 and the new one Oscaradm Is There a conflict should I delete the old?

The theme looks fantastic cant wait to get it running. Thanks

By the way mioc220 Bupahs 3.5 taskbar and miopocket 1.2 14

Mio C220 ver 68 sd card,C320 ver 33 lost or stolen C520 Miopocket 4.0 Ver.68 SD Free Installation MioMap 3.3 TTS Jerrys Skins and others

Edited by - Jen5 on 07 avr. 2008 15:17:09
Go to Top of Page

fasiol

Romania
65 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  14:42:04  Show Profile
Osprey,
I want to thank you for this superb Miopocket release, for your hard work. I love it!

Mio C 720, version MioMap V3.3 , 10 Ian 2008
Firmware: R02+3+9913+1018
Jerry skin DATA 2008.04.14 BigFonts + Data Override_2008 04 14
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  15:22:53  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Jen5, I'm not really familiar with Bupah's taskbar, but if it helped before, it should still help. As for inserting the card and nothing happening, make sure that you've performed a hard reset or shutdown before trying, since MioPocket disables unlocking when the device is already unlocked. If registry settings that you set earlier are still in the registry, then that's proof that you haven't hard reset or shutdown yet. Use the power menu in MioPocket, choose Hard Reset, then, once it boots to the original Mio shell, pop the SD card out and back in.

Go to Top of Page

jimmyt

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  15:48:19  Show Profile
Osprey - Well Done!! R16 works very well!!

I have been testing it this morning and here is what I have found -
1. Ms Pac Man and Pac Man 2 will not start - it crashes on loading - does not bring the system down (not a big deal to me)
2. I do not see a way to exit gracefully from the skin change menu - the only way to do it is change the skin. A few times when I have selected a new skin, Miopocket crashes.
3. USB / ActiveSync and remote display work fine - one question.. is there anyway to reduce the lag from mio screen to desktop screen? at 2x, there is a 2 second delay from click to screen refresh - the clicks happen instantly and the screen on the mio is instant - just not active sync.
4. This is more for kd4z - if you want to cancel the route manage options screen with out doing anything and return to miomap - miomap no longer relaunches like it did in previous versions. Not a big deal however.

One question - with your change to jerry's skin - I am assuming that your files just over write those in the data.zip? For whatever reason, copying your files gets the apps to work with the stopword panel - but the icons do not change other than the route icon.. very strange..
Go to Top of Page

Shinare

71 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  16:00:57  Show Profile
Thank you Osprey et al. The amount of time and effort you've put into this really shows. This new version kicks every other version's ass up to date. Thank you again.

Just a small debug for ya, I have a c320 and the PacMan games do not work for some reason. I get an illegal operation error for both pack man and ms. pac man and the "pac fun" does nothing.

Mio C320, version MioMap V3.3
Firmware: R40+3+9904+0720
Jerry skin DATA 2008.05.12 + Data override
Miopocket 4.0 r66
Go to Top of Page

teddy2k

Romania
17 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  16:39:55  Show Profile
How should My Apps works?
When i tap it,is opening a window with title: "Skin selector", 2 text boxes and 2 buttons:
"Save" and "Return".
And nothing write inside.

P.S. I've installed MioPocket to flash.

--
Mio C320

Edited by - teddy2k on 07 avr. 2008 16:42:54
Go to Top of Page

mkss55442

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  16:58:13  Show Profile
@Osprey,
I've been using StopWord but I'm ready to try your latest MioPocket. I have the entire MioMap on my SD card. I've started looking thru the scripts but am having a hard time figuring out where to change the path. I think it's in Variable.mscr. However, I see there are script steps that check for MioMap in the flash drive. I still have a factory fresh installation of MioMap in the original location (flash drive). I've done this so I can make all changes I want while playing with TTS and Jerry's skin and still get back to a "virgin" installation of MioMap by doing a hard reset. Will that mess up running your latest version?
Thanks,
Mark

Nothing is never "no problem".
Mio C320, 01.10.08 MioMap 3.3 with 10.06 maps, Mio c310x, Axim x51v, Axim x50v
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  19:04:32  Show Profile
mskss55442,

Change the location in Variables.mscr
Go to Top of Page

mkss55442

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  20:34:46  Show Profile
Thanks cheerful. Do you know if using MioPocket will change anything in the flash drive that would cause MioMap not to run (from the flash drive) if I did a hard reset?

Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  21:07:02  Show Profile
I have not installed 2.0. The previous version won't touch flash disk if it's installed in SD card. In fact, you should be able to run both MioMap at the same time -- just add a button on your skin.
Go to Top of Page

mkss55442

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  22:31:22  Show Profile
Osprey,
I tried installing MioPocket 2 Build 16 on my C320. After a hard reset, when I insert the SD card, MioPocket starts up briefly then I get a pop-up something like "there is no file associated with Cleanup..." and then it goes back to the MioMap MainShell. The only change I made to MioPocket was to change the location of my installation of MioMap.
Mark

Update: I got around the problem temporarily by renaming the CleanUpSystemFolders.mscr to CleanUpSystemFolders.mscr1.

Edited by - mkss55442 on 07 avr. 2008 22:42:00
Go to Top of Page

alamysm

6 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  01:45:18  Show Profile
hello everybody. i appreciate the work everybody is doing for this project, but... i'm having a lot of issues.

i just bought a c520 today almost solely due to this project. i've been meaning to get a GPS for a while, and i wanted one that i could also use as a media player in my car. every built-in mp3 player i've seen/used in a GPS unit has been gimmicky at best and largely worthless, so i turned to looking for GPS units with hacks or mods that could allow new media players to be added. enter miopocket and the c520. (the first issue i ran into is obviously not the fault of anybody here, but circuit city sold me an opened/used item and i didn't realize it until i got home. it seems to be in good shape, but the software/documentation disc is missing.)

i'm running release 16, and this is the first and only release i've tried so far. but it seems unusably buggy. it locks up constantly, and i probably have to do a hard reset every few minutes when i'm just poking around. in this state, it is definitely not usable as a media player (audio or video), but even the included miomap GPS software seems to have problems with miopocket installed. this is my first window CE-based device, so maybe i'm just not using it "correctly."

my main non-GPS use for my c520 will be audio/video player (with emphasis probably on the audio part), so that aspect of miopocket is where i've done most of my tinkering. i haven't done any systematic tests yet to narrow it down but it seems that a lot of my severe slowdowns and lockups have occurred during or after video playback - either as i'm trying to exit media player or after i've already exited. the video i've been playing is a standard "scene rip" of an episode of the office, encoded in xvid. i also tend to have quite a few lockups and slowdowns in explorer, but that may just be coincidental since i use explorer to browse for my media.

has anybody else had any issues like this? what other information about my setup can i post that might help us figure out the problem?
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  02:25:55  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Jimmyt,
1. Yeah, PacMan and Ms.PacMan currently crash for me, too. They worked perfectly just a week or two ago, though, and I haven't been able to determine what could've caused the change. I left them in the release in case other people had better luck.
2. Adding an "easy out" on the skin changer would require making a duplicate of the page for every skin. I haven't had many issues changing skins. Besides, once you settle on what you want (probably in the first hour or so of use), you'll probably not access it again.
3. The only way that I know of to speed up Remote Display is to make sure that you're running ASRDisp.exe on your Windows desktop, not over the USB connection from the copy on your device.
4. Jimmyt, it sounds like you didn't copy the patch files for Jerry's skin that I included. Please verify.

Teddy2k,
I just noticed that "My Apps" is hardcoded to \Storage Card... a major oversight of mine. That's why it's not working for you. I'll look into a solution. I apologize for that. In the meantime, navigate to MioAutoRun\Skin\MyApps, open up WolfNCU.ini and replace the instances of "Storage Card" with "My Flash Disk" to get it working. EDIT: I've now solved this and will re-upload with the change shortly.

mkss55442,
It seems like you figured it out on your own and with Cheerful's help how to redirect MioMap by changing the variables in Variables.mscr. All references to MioMap go through those variables, so, no, MioPocket shouldn't even touch your "virgin" MioMap.

Alamysym,
I had never encountered that before, but, just now, I messed with Media Player, including playing an Xvid movie, and the same thing happened to me when I exited. I'm going to try to figure this out. Sorry about that, but thanks very much for letting me know about it!

Edited by - Osprey on 08 avr. 2008 03:23:48
Go to Top of Page

alamysm

6 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  02:33:57  Show Profile
in response to my own post above, i DEFINITELY have a very repeatable problem with the media player. i can do the following steps to force my c520 to lock up.

1. hard reset
2. reinstall miopocket r16
3. in the default skin, go to the multimedia tab
4. open media player
5. go to file->open and browse to an mp3 on the SD card
6. let it play (for even just a second)
7. go to file->exit to return to the multimedia tab in miopocket
8. click any other tab so that it changes to the new tab as expected
9. click anything. no further touches/clicks register -- it's locked up.

some ideas: it may be related to the way media player displays video. the mp3 played in the steps outlined above has album art included (i think as a jpg in the directory rather than embedded in the actual mp3), so when i play it, media player displays the jpg, which causes the system to lock up in later steps. but if i open a different mp3 that does not have album art (so only a black screen with the media player interface is displayed), the system does not lock up in later steps. i believe i can also replace the offending mp3 file in the steps above with my xvid-encoded episode of the office, and the system will lock up in the same way.
Go to Top of Page

gs4322

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  03:07:18  Show Profile
@osprey,

Very good work, have not had a chance to try the new release yet, hopeful soon.

Keep up the good work.

@gs4322

C520\C310x\AT&T 8525
GSThemes 2.1 MP-R24
Go to Top of Page

gps_newbie

178 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  03:08:56  Show Profile
So far, my C310x does not get along with R16 too well:
1) To complete boot up, I have to comment out Minimize("MainShell") in C310Auto.mscr
2) iGuidance is locked up. Instead of BSOD, I got all yellow on the screen.
3) Mio route management does not because "couldn't create directory '\Storage Card\MioMap\Routes\'". somthing about line 416 in RouteManage.mscr.

Just a suggestion. Should files under GSThemes be "optional"? For 320x240 device owner or people that doesn't plan on using the GS themes, why "carry" around 18 MB on the SD for no reason?
Thanks.

Edited by - gps_newbie on 08 avr. 2008 03:10:34
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  03:47:46  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
gps_newbie,
1. Why do you have to comment that out? Is it because an error message pops up? If so, and if you wouldn't mind testing something for me, uncomment it and add ErrorLevel("off") to the top of the script. That should disable the error message and continue installation without interruption. Let me know if that solved it, please. Thanks. FYI, the minimize command is merely a way to show the user that installation was started and prevent them from using the Mio shell while installation is happening. It's not necessary, but is nice to have (on devices that it works on).
2. Did iGuidance work for you with Release 15? I don't think that I made any changes that would affect iGuidance.
3. I'll look into that, even though it's k4dz's code. I assume that you didn't have an SD card in when you got that message, is that right?
4. You can delete all of the 480x272 files if your device is only 320x240. You can remove the entire GSThemes folder, the entire Bitmaps folder and even delete the 480x272 backgrounds in the Backgrounds folder. You're right; there's no need to carry them around if you can't use them.

Edited by - Osprey on 08 avr. 2008 03:56:58
Go to Top of Page

yfastud

187 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  04:13:12  Show Profile
Thanks for your very nice work

A little off topic, since this is almost complete rewrite and redesign, why don't you just name it MioPocket 2.0 instead Release 16???

http://jlbn.net/real3Dmap.html (Real 3D Map Navigation)
http://jlbn.net/miopocket.html (MioPocket's GPS)
http://jlbn.net/stopword.html (StopWord's GPS)
http://jlbn.net/asgaard.html (Asgaard Theme's GPS)
http://jlbn.net/iphonetheme.html (iPhone Theme's GPS)
http://downloads.jlbn.net (FREE Mio Downloads: Navs, Skins, Themes, Voices...)
Go to Top of Page

alamysm

6 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  04:30:59  Show Profile
i reverted to r15 to test the media player issue, and this problem does not appear to be present in r15. i definitely prefer r16's interface, but i'll stick with r15 for now until r16's media player issue has been resolved.

now that i have a working version of media player, i have some questions/suggestions.
1. is it possible to minimize the media player window so that i can keep my mp3s playing while i open miomap?
2. is it possible to make a more touchscreen-friendly interface for media player? easily accessible next-track, previous-track, and play/pause buttons would be pretty much awesome. also, a way to easily add folders (albums) to the playlist would be pretty awesome as well.
3. for audio, bigger track information (title, artist, etc) would be nice.

i realize these are probably more along the lines of suggestions for whoever is/was developing HPC media player, but i didn't know if maybe any of this functionality could be added via skins.
Go to Top of Page

gps_newbie

178 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  04:33:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

gps_newbie,
1. Why do you have to comment that out? Is it because an error message pops up? If so, and if you wouldn't mind testing something for me, uncomment it and add ErrorLevel("off") to the top of the script. That should disable the error message and continue installation without interruption. Let me know if that solved it, please. Thanks. FYI, the minimize command is merely a way to show the user that installation was started and prevent them from using the Mio shell while installation is happening. It's not necessary, but is nice to have (on devices that it works on).

Adding ErrorLevel("off") to the original c310auto.mscr fixed the problem of "Window "mainshell" could not be found.

quote:

2. Did iGuidance work for you with Release 15? I don't think that I made any changes that would affect iGuidance.

did not install R15 on my C310x.

quote:

3. I'll look into that, even though it's k4dz's code. I assume that you didn't have an SD card in when you got that message, is that right?

R16 is started from the SD card and the card is in the unit.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

mkss55442

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  05:13:08  Show Profile
Osprey,
Changing the path in Variables.mscr didn't work. My MioMap is in \Storage Card\MioMap TTS\MioMap.exe. Changing the path variable to that produced a pop-up that said \Storage Card\MioMap\MioMap TTS\MioMap.exe doesn't exist. There must be another variable that comes into play that I haven't found yet.
Mark

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  05:47:09  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
yfastud,
I did name this MioPocket 2.0 ;)

Alamysm,
Thanks for verifying that it works in R15. I've been trying to solve this. I've tried a bunch of things without success. I have another idea to test. I'll get back to you.

mkss55442,
Just to be sure, you changed the the following line...
MioMapFolder = "\My Flash Disk\MioMap\MioMap"
...to...
MioMapFolder = "\Storage Card\MioMap TTS"
...right? If not, that's what it should look like for your configuration.

Edited by - Osprey on 08 avr. 2008 06:00:25
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  07:09:38  Show Profile
Osprey,

Thanks for re-organize the skins. Here is what I have on the first couple of tries.

0. I'd take off all ErrorLevel("off") so that errors are exposed. This reduces confusion, esp. in the early release phase where problems are expected.

1. The included RegEdit does not work on C710. The -s option is not processed properly and could end up missing some registry. I think it needs some dll that's added later so 2nd unlock would work. I am using the previous version that imports fine but crash after exporting HKLM

2. Might be related to 1: the File Explorer is now somehow linked with Bluetooth dialer. It will lock up the device after a while or a soft reset.

3. Could you describe how the minibar works? It seems to be nice. though the real estate on 320 is limited. The tswitcher is certainly a lot nicer.

4. There is a problem with SkinSwitch.mscr. The following line won't work

CallSCript(path\"..\..\..\Scripts\SkinChanger.mscr", cwd)

It looks like CE4 won't take ..\. The 320x240 skins only contain the panel and footer. So it might be easier to use the last script I wrote on creating those files on the fly. If you can't find it, let me know. It's quite simple.

5. It now takes 13 seconds on my C710 for the unlock to run (cardless). It used to take 4 seconds. The FixPathsAndImport now does a lot of things. It might be better split the script into 2 so that it's easier for people to modify

5a. For speed, it's probably faster to split out the fix for .lnk. This can be done with a button click on the skin -- a page for MioPocket maintenance would fit nicely.

5b. Maybe we can create another subfolder such as standard and put reg files that do not need the fix there. The Exclude probably does not need the fix -- when you need them they'd be moved to the parent folder and get fixed on next unlock or via the button in 1a.

6. Unlock.mscr. For cardless unlock, it's probably better to create shortcuts to my flash disk instead of copying them to Windows and link to \Windows. This way for people who develop, there is no need to perform copying -- just modify that one in Scripts

7. Registry\Time.reg is redudant

8. Windows\Startup is not used. The shortcuts in there caused some of my confusion when those regedit was failing.

Edited by - cheerful on 08 avr. 2008 07:16:43
Go to Top of Page

Maddawg

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  09:30:44  Show Profile
Osprey,

GREAT WORK! I adore the Vista themes! Here's some more feedback:

1. C320 (w/ Jerry's 2008.03.14): Although everything is working; everything is working REALLY slow... eventually (it doesn't start like this on a fresh install so there must be something triggering it as I try out each utility). So slow that I think I'm getting confused on whether the unit is simply locking up or the application reaction time is just ridiculously slow. It's hard to trouble shoot at this point but I'll try to provide more details as I can... (so as I was adding more comments below I just let the C320 sit idle and noticed that it eventually will execute but it takes literally minutes per function).

2. C310x: I've run into the exact same issue as gps_newbie. Once I added ErrorLevel("off") it let the remainder of the install work but still prompts with a "syntax error". I went through each tab and then made a listing of what I found (hope it's somewhat easier to follow that way). I have not looked at any games BTW...
Navigation
2a. Route Manager error: same as gps_newbie
Multimedia
2b. When using the Media Player it rotates the screen. I can rotate it back with the minibar rotation but then it doesn't fit the screen properly.
2c. And when trying to select a file the top half of the directory name and files are all that show. This happens with any file listing program. I must be losing it but where is the screen capture utility so I can take a screen shot and how you?
2d. MS Reader gives the following error: (0x80070000e)
Productivity
2e. Calc98 screen is too wide for the C310x and I cannot figure out a way to adjust it.
Tools
2f. Resources flickers something in the top left of the screen but cannot tell what it is
Settings
2g. Skin changer does not work with the relative paths for the C310x.
2h. Control Panel opens but has no icons to display
2i. PHM Registry Editor is widescreen; not completely functional for the C310x
2j. GAPI Setup does not run

I've also noticed that the eventual "slow-bug" is hitting the C310x as well!

3. C220: OK, so I need to make some room on the flash disk and then I'll provide more input...

Just trying to help in the MioPocket evolution... your work has been fantastic and it certainly shows with MioPocket 2.0!!!!!!

Mio C320 - MioMap 3.3, MioPocket 2.0 R22, Jerry's Skin 2008.03.14
Mio C310x - MioMap 3.2, MioPocket 2.0 R22, Journey Skin 1.3
Mio C220 - MioMap 3.2, MioPocket 2.0 R22
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  09:55:17  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Cheerful,

0. In some cases, maybe, but not having it can lead to confusion, too, as with gps_newbie's issue.

1. The registry editors that are included are the same versions as always. I've never replaced them.

2. Someone with a CE4 device reported problems with the Explorer.exe in MioAutoRun\Programs, so I changed the 320x240 skins to run \Windows\Explorer.exe, instead. I'm not sure what to do about it. Either way, it doesn't work for some people.

3. The MiniBar is my replacement for BananaPC. The particular improvement is the keyboard. It also seems to be more reliable than BananaPC, which had a habit of disappearing unexpectedly. Explanation of the other features are in the big graphic in my first post. If the amount of screen real estate used is too much for you, can easily edit out the icons that you don't want. You'll recognize the format.

4. It's even easier to just point the 320x240 skins to SkinChanger.mscr directly.

5. I already have a plan that should work nicely for speeding up unlocking. My intention for a while has been to create a MioPocket.ini that holds settings. One such setting could be whether files have been fixed or not. Then, the FixPaths script wouldn't do any fixing if the setting is set in the .ini file. That's not something that I wanted to put off 2.0 for, though.

6. Yeah, but it was giving me some problems and I wanted to get this released.

7 & 8. I've removed them. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  11:04:17  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Maddawg, thanks.
1. I hate hearing that. Does that still happen if you never run Media Player? I want to know if the Media Player problem that alamsym has reported is causing your problem or if it's separate. Thanks.
2a. Would you or gps_newbie please try this for me: open up MioAutoRun\Scripts\RouteManagerConfig.mscr and remove the \ at the end of Routes (on the DIR_ROUTE line), then see if that solves it? Thanks.
2b. Delete MioAutoRun\Programs\Media Player\GX_HPC.ini. I think that that's the problem.
2c. I ran out of room on the 320x240 skins to put the screen capture. You can still access it by running MioAutoRun\Programs\CapScrUtil.exe
2d. Yeah, Microsoft Reader doesn't seem to like CE4 (or maybe it's the resolution).
2e. Yeah, Calc98 doesn't support 320x240. Including it on the 320x240 skins was, obviously, not very bright. If you can find a free calculator that works in 320x240, please let me know.

Edited by - Osprey on 08 avr. 2008 11:51:51
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  12:31:03  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
alamsym, I believe that I've discovered the reason for the slowdown after running Media Player a few times. It has to do with GAPI. When I copy the old 9KB gx.dll to the Media Player folder (and change the video driver in Media Player), the problem disappears. This isn't a desirable solution, since Media Player runs better with the newest GAPI and we know from the last 7 or 8 releases that it can do so without any problems, but at least it tells us where to focus our attention.

Edited by - Osprey on 08 avr. 2008 13:19:58
Go to Top of Page

Jen5

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  14:22:46  Show Profile
MioOhmy or Harpo
Have either of you got the Miopocket 2.0 Ver 16 working with Bupahs taskbar? I can make it run but have no ability to switch from taskbar to miopocket and back again. Also after removing the old miopocket registry thinking there may be a conflict between the new and old afer a hard reset it writes itself back again. I used MioOhmy's fix on page 59 of miopocket 1.2 thread sort of. I didnt change the registry or file names. Juct started systeminformation.exe under skins, mortscript.exe, and \storage Card\MioAutoRun\Skin\Sysinfo\ice320x240\ then double click skinSwitch.mscr it brings up a red x box in the right upper corner witch is the option to soft reset or hard reset in miopocket. Dont click that click the x to close out fileman underneath and now your in the new Miopocket 2.0 in the 320x240 skins so you can move around and check out the program. I like it much nicer then the old and hat was great. Alot more apps and ability to expand.

Osprey
Should activesync button as well as the Storage button be on this version and are either operable with the c230? Can you tell me how to link the mio navigator button to the maps on my storage card. It only opens file commander now. Thanks to everyone who had a part in making this work. Im yhinking about getting a mio now with the larger screen to take advantage of the new skins.

Mio C220 ver 68 sd card,C320 ver 33 lost or stolen C520 Miopocket 4.0 Ver.68 SD Free Installation MioMap 3.3 TTS Jerrys Skins and others
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  15:12:01  Show Profile
Osprey,

0. I think turning off error would just mask problem at this early phase.

1. I will upload the RegEdit.exe I have and let you test. It's from Key's release. The included one requires a dll from the package and thus would fail in the unlock.mscr. A second run will work b/c now the dll are available.

2. My guess is that the bluetooth problem has to do with some registry/ini stuff. Maybe fixing RegEdit will fix it. Was there any registry file included that would impact bluetooth?

3. I will take a look so see how the minibar would fit better on 320x240. It now covers the reset button on the footer. Is there a way to bring it back after it exits? A button on the footer?

4. Yeah. The skin changer page would be overkill for 320x240.

5. I thought about memorizing the fix as well. The problem is that it's hard to decide which files have been fixed due to time reverse on hard reset. Do you have a good way to do that? Manual editing would be too much. One way is to create a folder called fixed and move all those fixed there and only import fixed ones. To keep it simple though, registries in Excluded would not be fixed. I'd separate the fix from import and make the fix early exit if nothing is found at the parent folder.

5b. A few ways to deal with shortcuts. The first is to use a manual fix (button on the skin as I suggested before). The 2nd would be using a similar fixed folder structure as for registry. The 3rd one is to use MortScript to create them on the fly -- where an .ini describing them would help. The Programs folder would then be left to user's custom shortcuts.

Edited by - cheerful on 08 avr. 2008 20:32:41
Go to Top of Page

mkss55442

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  15:35:15  Show Profile
Osprey,
My mistake on the path. I thought the final MioMap was a global variable that meant MioMap.exe. I also had to change the line above it to: MioMapStorage = Drive \ "MioMap TTS".
Mark

Go to Top of Page

rickyman0319

8 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  15:46:54  Show Profile
how do i change the tomtom launcher from mio pocket? where do i change it?

my tomtom program is inside the sd disk. when i click on the tomtom on Miopocket. it give me a message that it is on the flash disk. how do i change the path for the tomtom.

Edited by - rickyman0319 on 08 avr. 2008 16:09:23
Go to Top of Page

jimmyt

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  15:59:21  Show Profile
Osprey - you were right on the icons.. I tried to manually copy your changes into the skin files - I must have missed something. Works fine now. The only problem was I lost my customizations in jerrys skin via the data override file in the skin directory. The simple solution was to edit yours. Question - does the placement of those files in those directories that do not normal exist override what is in the data.zip?

thanks

jim
Go to Top of Page

orenc

24 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  16:37:56  Show Profile
Osprey
Are you planning on releasing a fix for the GAPI and media player issue, since it bother me as well.

Anyway, I wanted to express my huge appreciation on the hard and wonderful work.

Mio C320, Moov 300
MioMap 3.3, iGo8
MioPocket
Jerry's skin
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  16:52:10  Show Profile
rickyman0319,

edit Variables.mscr in the Scripts folder
Go to Top of Page

focko

Slovakia
15 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  18:53:31  Show Profile
With R16 comes TSwitch application. My experience is that this task switcher causes "freezing" of my MIO C520 (my experience is based on Stopword unlock, and also today during my test of R16 release). If I kill related process - my observation is that my MIO is quicker and more stabile ...

Simple solution for plug&play media files:
http://rapidshare.com/files/67775540/MioPlug_Play_TCPMP_V1.zip

Description:
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=86952&whichpage=38
Go to Top of Page

alamysm

6 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  20:08:22  Show Profile
is it not possible to actually turn the c520 off without having to reinstall miopocket afterwards?

has anybody else tried to install coreplayer (pay software) with r16? i got it to install last night on r15, but it gives me an error when i try to install on r16. just says something about not installing completely and to run setup again. i'm in the process of reverting to r15 to try again.

also, if i can get coreplayer working again, how would i go about including it in a build of miopocket so that i don't have to manually install coreplayer after every hard reset? i'd like to incorporate things like file type associations and (if possible) the serial number entry.
Go to Top of Page

rickyman0319

8 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  22:35:28  Show Profile
TomTomFolder = Drive \ "\storage card\TomTom"
TomTomEXE = "TomTom Navigator.exe"

i want to know if this is correct or not?
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  01:06:27  Show Profile
Drive refers to where MP is installed. So TT should just use absolute path.

TomTomFolder = "\storage card\TomTom"
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  02:49:51  Show Profile
Osprey,

Here is the RegEdit that works on CE 4 w/o any user dll

http://rapidshare.com/files/105993651/Regedit.exe.html
Go to Top of Page

key5000

350 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  03:23:28  Show Profile
Osprey, thanks for all your hard works to release this new version MP 2.0

When I click on the Windows Explorer, it display the main shell. As I remember, some of us had this problem before because the corrupted Explorer.exe . Would you please add the working Explorer.exe from your device to the next release. For now, can you just share your Explorer.exe so I and other user can download the file?

Will test more tomorrow and give a feedback for that. In the mean time, it is very nice design and I love the Vista Ultimate screen with all the Ultimate option.

Thanks for your hard work.

Thanks
KEY
-----------------------------------------------
Mio C310x, C520
MioPocket SD-FREE unlock (with latest release)
Jerry Skin
WiFi by SDW-820 + Opera & NetFront browser
Skype (Free call/chat to everywhere in the World)
++++ many other maps and applications ++++

Go to Top of Page

Maddawg

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  03:50:47  Show Profile
Osprey,

1. YEP! After playing around a bit more, I believe it is Media Player as the culprit for bringing the C320 to a crawl!
2a. I tried the two following changes (removing \ at the end):
DEFAULT_DIR_ROUTE = SystemPath("Documents") \ "MioMap"
DIR_ROUTE = "\Storage Card\Routes"
I suspect this is not where you intended as it gives the same error message.

2b. PERFECT! Thanks

2c. Here's the way files are displayed!

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  04:06:04  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Cheerful,
3. No, I don't know of any registry file that impacts Bluetooth, nor can I think of anything that I've done that would impact it.
4. The MiniBar hiding the reset button isn't a problem because the close button doubles as a reset button. As for screen real estate, I considered making it smaller, but you don't want it to be too small, and, besides, it's only the height of the taskbar and other menu/status bars that might be underneath it. My Vista skins do have a button on their skins to launch the MiniBar, so I may add the same to the other skins.
5. We wouldn't need to memorize which files are fixed on a file-by-file basis. If they were in the folder(s), they were fixed if they needed it and not if they didn't.

Jimmyt,
Yeah, they'll over-ride data.zip, too, causing problems if you don't have Jerry's 3/28 skin; that's why it's up to the user to copy the files if they want. I don't like the whole setup, but it shouldn't be necessary with Jerry's next version, as long as he puts in what he's been promising.

Orenc,
Yes, certainly, I plan on fixing the GAPI/MediaPlayer issue. It's high on my priority list, for obvious reasons.

Focko,
Really? I haven't noticed any performance degradation with Tswitch. I'll keep your idea in mind, though, when testing. Thanks for mentioning it.

Alamsym,
1. With all unlocks, you need to re-install them after every hard reset or shutdown. That's because they re-load the operating system (including the registry) from ROM. The workaround is to use soft reset and standby (display off) as much as possible.
2. The inability to install CorePlayer may have to do with R16's CleanUpSystemFolders.mscr script. I had some concern that it might prevent some installations. Try renaming that script (so it doesn't run), re-installing MioPocket, then re-installing CorePlayer and let me know if that lets you install it. If it does, I'll re-think what that script does.
3. After you install it, launch MioAutoRun\Programs\regedit.exe (also known as TRE Regedit), look under HKCU\Software and HKLM\Software for keys that CorePlayer may've installed and export any that exist. Save them to MioAutoRun\registry\custom so that they're imported with each MioPocket installation.

Cheerful, thanks again for the help with support. I appreciate it.

Edited by - Osprey on 09 avr. 2008 04:20:09
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  04:17:30  Show Profile
Osprey,

5. Would you explain your scheme to reducing the unlock time? My thinking is to fix anything in the folder and move them to a different folder (e.g. fixed). This means no fixing needed next time you unlock. I think the majority of the time was spent on opening, reading and saving the files in the unlock process. I can come up with the script.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  04:37:21  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Maddawg,
2c. That looks like an aygshell.dll thing. If you look in \Windows, is the aygshell.dll 17k or 22k in size? Try to replace it with the other-sized one (look around MioPocket), soft reset and see if that makes any difference.

Cheerful,
My idea is to have a MioAutoRun\MioPocket.ini file with settings in it (including something like FixedPaths = 0). Once the FixPaths script fixes all registry files, shortcuts and so on, it sets FixedPaths to 1 in MioPocket.ini. On all subsequent re-installations of MioPocket, the FixPaths script sees that setting and doesn't fix anything. This method would be preferable to moving registry, shortcut and other files around. Ideally, I'd like to put a lot more settings in MioPocket.ini, as well, such as most of what is set with Variables.mscr right now, since people would find it easier and more comfortable to edit a .ini file.

Edited by - Osprey on 09 avr. 2008 04:44:58
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  04:54:20  Show Profile
Osprey,

Here is what I found on C710.

1. aygshell.dll and DocList.dll in Windows need to be moved to a subfolder CE5. Unlock.mscr are copying them in wrong order and that cause the bluetooth problem. Since the script has CeVersion, I think we should clearly separate CE4 and CE5 libraries.

2. Maddawg's CeCmd display problem is caused by missing fonts. R20 has no fonts in the directory.

3. Please use this block in Variables. This supports Key's scheme of renaming MioMap folder instead of just the binary

MioMapStorage = Drive \ "MioMap"
MioMapFolder = "\My Flash Disk\MioMap\MioMap"
MioMapEXE = "MioMap.exe"
If (DirExists("\My Flash Disk\MioMap\MioMap_org"))
MioMapFolder = "\My Flash Disk\MioMap\MioMap_org"
ElseIf(FileExists("\My Flash Disk\MioMap\MioMap\MioMap_orig.exe"))
MioMapEXE = "MioMap_orig.exe"
EndIf

4. For flash based system, FontsFolder probably can point to MioAutoRun\Fonts. Windows is better reserved for stuff needed to be copied into \Windows.

5. Is there a way to bring back MiniBar manually?
Go to Top of Page

rickyman0319

8 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  04:56:53  Show Profile
does anyone know how to set the maps for tomtom 6.02. i got mio c320. everytime i just to use tomtom , it always say," no maps found." even though i put the map on root of the SD card.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  05:06:20  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Cheerful,
1. I've already removed the copies from MioAutoRun\Windows (now that I'm confident that MioAutoRun\System works 100% now), so that should be solved that way.
2. Ah, thanks for discovering that! In that case, I think that the problem is the FontPath redirection. Maddawg, do you have any fonts in your \Windows\Fonts (on your system drive, not in MioPocket's installation folder)? If so, which?
3. I had to remove the renamed MioMap folder as an option for flash disk installation because MortScript doesn't have a directory rename command that I can call in Remote-MioPocket.mscr. I could add it back, but restoring MioMap back to original condition would be up to the user to do and wouldn't be the recommended installation method.
5. By running MioAutoRun\Skin\MiniBar\MiniBar.exe. See my previous reply to the question if you meant from the skin, itself.

Edited by - Osprey on 09 avr. 2008 05:52:40
Go to Top of Page

Maddawg

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  05:25:41  Show Profile
Osprey,

For the C310x, the only file in \Windows\Fonts\ is desktop.ini

Also, here's the problem with installation on the C220:
Unable to receive free disk space for \Windows\Fonts

Line 31 (\Storage Card\MioAutorun\Scripts\Unlock.mscr):
If(FreeDiskSpace("\Windows\Fonts") > fontSize)

Suggestions? Let me know and I'll try to keep working it...

Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  05:36:13  Show Profile
Maddawg,

Download the R15 and put the fonts in the Fonts folder into the MioAutoRun\Windows\Fonts
Go to Top of Page

Maddawg

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  05:54:20  Show Profile
Cheerful,

I don't think I get it.

There are not fonts in R15, or did I not understand correctly?

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  05:55:55  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Maddawg, no, you're right; R15 doesn't come with fonts, either. One of my earlier releases (like maybe R10) came with fonts, but when I realized that they were the same fonts that WinCE came with, I removed them to save space.

It might be best for me to just comment out the font code for now. It currently has no positive effect, since no fonts are included. It's just there to open the door for users to add their own fonts. It seems like it's causing more problems than it's worth, though. Maddawg, trying commenting out the "Configure fonts" section of Unlock.mscr and see if that solves all of those problems for you.

Edited by - Osprey on 09 avr. 2008 06:00:37
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  06:07:42  Show Profile
Osprey,

Got the MiniBar.

1. You would want to move the copying block at Line 42 for CE4 in Unlock.mscr to after the generic ones. Also, try the RegEdit I uploaded to see if it works on Ce5. The included one does not work on Ce4.

3. Let's leave that block in Variables. I am pretty quite a few people have downloaded Key's modified MioPocket R1 with that naming pattern and may choose a manual installation. It won't affect the installation process, just the runtime behavior.

4. The ..\..\.. in skin changers needs to be fixed. CE4 limitation (or just C710)? There seems to be no way to pass argument from SysInfo to command/NewIni. Otherwise we would need just one script. I am reorganizing SkinChanger.mscr. Will post once I test it.

5. Same problem with RouteManger as others (Line 416). Also, I would recommend a MioMapRouteFolder in Variable. If set, it will override RouterManagerConfig. This gives user a centralized place to change every setting.
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  06:09:08  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Maddawg

Cheerful,

I don't think I get it.

There are not fonts in R15, or did I not understand correctly?

Here you go

http://rapidshare.com/files/106016380/ARIAL.TTF.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/106016393/ARIALBD.TTF.html
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  06:19:47  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Cheerful
1. Like I said earlier, I'm no longer copying the CE5 DLLs. Problem already solved.
4. Like I said earlier, I've changed the 320x240 skins to point to SkinChanger.mscr, rather than to the graphical SkinChanger.ini. That should solve the problem with the SkinSwitch.mscr files by eliminating them.
5. It's already set up that way. That's what the MioMapStorage variable (in Variables.mscr) is for. RouteManagerConfig uses that variable to set the paths.

Go to Top of Page

Maddawg

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  06:36:04  Show Profile
Osprey/Cheerful,

No dice! Adding the fonts certainly makes the lettering under the icons look better but does not help the display for FileManCE or CE Commander. I then tried to comment out the Configure Fonts per Osprey's suggestion. Each time I hard reset and reinstalled MioPocket. Same problem...

Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  06:46:58  Show Profile
Osprey,

I probably missed the change on the SkinChanger.mscr. What I have calls the SkinSwitcher which call SkinChanger back with ..\..\.. in path name. This is where I run into problem.

Here is my fix by generating the 2 ini within the script. I could not test on 480 so please try it out.

http://rapidshare.com/files/106019864/SkinChanger.mscr.html

I used the same pattern to generate MiniBar's ini. This does change the 2/3 ini for each minibar. Quick replace: "= ..\" --> "= ..\..\" since those ini are one level deeper.
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  06:51:30  Show Profile
Maddawg,

Are you running out of space? If so, there is not much you can do. You have to squeeze some space for the fonts to copy over.

Or if you are using cardless method, put those fonts into MioAutoRun\Fonts. There is no copying. Only path is added to registry.
Go to Top of Page

GarMio

30 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  09:43:10  Show Profile
Hi Everyone,

Up until now, i've been using the original Indabox MioPocket and have had no problems with it. I like the way this release is looking so i've decided to give it a go but i'm having the same problem installing release 16 as somebody already mentioned. I've unzipped the files to the root of my SD card, did a hard reset then installed the card. When it reboots, it comes up with an error "There is no application associated with 'CleanUpSystemFolders'..." and then goes to Mainshell with no way back to MioPocket.
I've renamed CleanUpSystemFolders.mscr to CleanUpSystemFolders.mscr1 on the SD card, did a hard reset and now the error is "Can't find CleanUpSystemFolders or one of it's components..."
Can somebody explain to me how to make this release work from an SD card.

Thanks in advance,

GarMio.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  10:20:48  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Maddawg,
I don't think that your CE Commander problem is the fonts. I think, as I suggested earlier, that it's an aygshell.dll issue. Cheerful mentioned that the right one for your device is getting overwritten with the wrong one. Do this for me: delete the four or five .dll files from MioAutoRun\Windows and re-install.

GarMio,
Once you click Ok on the "Can't find CleanUpSystemFolders or one of its components" error, does MioPocket go ahead?

BTW, everyone, I appreciate your understanding and patience. Because this release was largely rewritten from the ground up, there was a lot of potential for issues. The only way for me to find and fix bugs is to put it out there and have people test it out. So, again, thanks for realizing that and helping me to make the package more stable.

Edited by - Osprey on 09 avr. 2008 10:28:34
Go to Top of Page

GarMio

30 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  10:26:03  Show Profile
Hi Osprey,

I don't get a chance to close the error box. It jumps straight into Mainshell and there's no way to go back (no bar at the bottom).
I've tried to click the ok button and click on the MioPocket icon but it doesn't recognise my keypresses.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  10:35:07  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
GarMio,
What device do you have?
If you add Sleep(5000) at the end of Unlock.mscr, does that make any difference?

Go to Top of Page

GarMio

30 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  10:47:25  Show Profile
Osprey, you found the solution !!
Sleep(5000) did the trick.

I have a C520 by the way.

Thanks again,

GarMio
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  11:06:36  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
GarMio,
Glad to hear it. You may want to experiment with the exact value required. Try 1000, then 2000, and so on, so that you're not waiting longer than necessary.

Cheerful,
That registry editor is the same version that MioPocket has used since the beginning to import. It doesn't make any sense for it to not work on CE4, since you never complained about previous releases not working. I think that you're confusing the two registry programs that are included with MioPocket.

Edited by - Osprey on 09 avr. 2008 12:14:07
Go to Top of Page

WILMANS2M

1 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  13:01:12  Show Profile
Hello there,

well just to know if it is possible to run it from a Mio269+.

thanks
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  15:01:34  Show Profile
Osprey,

I started from Key's mod of R10 and never replaced any programs/dlls in there. The version requires dll from windows directory. On 2nd run after unlock, it will start correct. However, the menu at bottom does not always respond.

I had the same as GarMio on first try. The cause in my case is that RegEdit failed to import the registry to associate mscr with MortScript. A 2nd unlock worked fine as dll's are now in \Windows.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  15:45:13  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Cheerful, the regedit that you uploaded is exactly the same (in version, file size, dependencies and result) as the one that MioPocket has always used for silent importing. I've managed to solve the problem, anyways, though. The issue was the Run commands that were being used to import the registry files. Now that I've changed them to RunWait commands, as I had them in R15, no problems. Regedit imports silently just fine; it was all just a matter of giving it the time to do it for all of the files involved.

Edited by - Osprey on 09 avr. 2008 15:47:28
Go to Top of Page

sagablade

2 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  16:44:27  Show Profile
Hi Osprey...Thanks for the prog.
I just installed miopocket 2.0 and it works fine... But i'm having a problem with the time/date...I live in Texas so i set the time to be Central Standard Time, but everytime i shut down the system and run it again, it would go back to its default setting which was, Parcific Standard Time. I tried to export all the timezones in the regit and import only Central Time but it didn't work ...Is there anyways that i can adjust this problem right?

And another question...
I'm kinda confuse to how to operate the other navigation on the program, It says that I need to create folder and .exe on every navigation, like tomtom and destinator...How is it really work?

I have C320...just bought it
Go to Top of Page

leonicdragon

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  16:45:05  Show Profile
OKay I have a Mio c220 v3.2 Firm 8.* and wasnted to report that the on SD method does NOT work. I renamed the files "oscar91adm" and it does pop upp asking if II want to instal and when i reboots it freezes. I removed the fonts command from unlock and still nothing :( Would RLY like some help with this b/c I have tried every single version of MioPocket on this thing and NOTHING. All the other unlocks work FLAWLESSLY. Am I doing something wrong?

Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  16:54:06  Show Profile
Did I upload the wrong one? Mine is < 150KB and it has menu on the top. The one included is about 200KB and has menu at the bottom.

Timing can certainly be an issue.
Go to Top of Page

Maddawg

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  16:56:32  Show Profile
Osprey/Cheerful,

GOT IT! I just copied \Storage Card\MioAutoRun\Windows\CE4\aygshell.dll to \Storage Card\MioAutoRun\Windows\,
Hard reset and voila! Works like a champ.

Now let's see if we can find what else that just broke from doing this!

Go to Top of Page

Maddawg

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  16:58:43  Show Profile
leonicdragon,

I too have a C220 and cannot get past where you are at either... just so you know...

Go to Top of Page

gps_newbie

178 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  17:01:09  Show Profile
Why is there time.reg and time-eastern.reg under registry folder? should one or both be excluded depend on one's time zone?
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  17:01:53  Show Profile
sagablade,

use control panel -> date time to set up your time zone. Then export the registry key -- check the registry Time.reg in the Registry folder to see what to export. Replace this registry file with the export.
Go to Top of Page

Elwood_Blues

Australia
26 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  17:17:23  Show Profile
Maddawg

RE:GOT IT! I just copied \Storage Card\MioAutoRun\Windows\CE4\aygshell.dll to \Storage Card\MioAutoRun\Windows\,

Yes. I just did what you said, and my c520 boots up ok every time now.

Still trying to figure out the media player freezing up still though.

Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  17:30:26  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Cheerful,
TRE Regedit in MioPocket is 147KB. PHM Regedit is 64KB. I don't know what you're looking at, since there's no 200KB-sized registry editor in MioPocket.

LeonicDragon and Maddawg,
Does Flash Disk installation work? For many of you with tougher devices to unlock, Flash Disk installation may be the only thing that works for you.

gps_newbie,
Time.reg is redundant and won't be in the next release.

Sagablade,
Here are Mountain and Central reg files. Between these two and the Eastern and Pacific ones that are included with MioPocket, put the one that corresponds with your time zone in MioAutoRun\Registry and the three others into the Exclude subdirectory (where they'll be excluded from importing). Yes, I'll be including these other time zones in the next release. http://rapidshare.com/files/106133185/Time.zip.html

Elwood Blues,
1. You have a c520 with CE4 on it? Weird. I thought that they were all CE5.
2. For now, copy MioAutoRun\Programs\MioMap\gx-original.dll to MioAutoRun\Programs\Media Player and rename it to gx.dll. That'll solve the problem for now until I can look into it more and upload the next release.

Edited by - Osprey on 09 avr. 2008 17:54:24
Go to Top of Page

gps_newbie

178 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  17:44:42  Show Profile
quote:
Time.reg is redundant and won't be in the next release.

Instead of removing it, may I suggest to rename it to time-pacific.reg and put it in registry\exclude? Not everyone lives in Eastern time zone...
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  17:51:40  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
gps_newbie, there's already a Time-Pacific.reg in Registry\Exclude ;)

To the couple of people having a "cannot create directory" error with the route manager, the script has no problem creating the directories on my device. Try creating the directories manually and see if that solves the problem. You need to create a folder named MioMap on the same drive that you installed MioPocket, then a Routes folder underneath that (ex. "\My Flash Disk\MioMap\Routes").

Edited by - Osprey on 09 avr. 2008 18:11:37
Go to Top of Page

leonicdragon

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  17:54:20  Show Profile
OKay I have a Mio c220 v3.3 Firm 8.3 and wasnted to report that the on SD method does NOT work. I renamed the files "oscar91adm" and it does pop upp asking if II want to instal and when i reboots it freezes. I removed the fonts command from unlock and still nothing :( Would RLY like some help with this b/c I have tried every single version of MioPocket on this thing and NOTHING. All the other unlocks work FLAWLESSLY. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by - leonicdragon on 10 avr. 2008 02:46:49
Go to Top of Page

sagablade

2 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  22:21:32  Show Profile
Thanks Osprey...

It's all working out now...
Go to Top of Page

Elwood_Blues

Australia
26 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  23:46:54  Show Profile
Osprey,
Yes mine is a c520, and it is windows ce 5.0, but I was having a lot of trouble booting up the latest release, after a hard re-boot. This seemed to have fixed the problem. What was happening, was when the centre Vista icon appeared, it was sort of deformed in the center of it, and thats where it froze. Ill give your media fix a go. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

alamysm

6 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  23:52:11  Show Profile
quote:

2. The inability to install CorePlayer may have to do with R16's CleanUpSystemFolders.mscr script. I had some concern that it might prevent some installations. Try renaming that script (so it doesn't run), re-installing MioPocket, then re-installing CorePlayer and let me know if that lets you install it. If it does, I'll re-think what that script does.
3. After you install it, launch MioAutoRun\Programs\regedit.exe (also known as TRE Regedit), look under HKCU\Software and HKLM\Software for keys that CorePlayer may've installed and export any that exist. Save them to MioAutoRun\registry\custom so that they're imported with each MioPocket installation.

2. renaming CleanUpSystemFolders.mscr does in fact allow me to install CorePlayer in R16.
3. is there any way to export the entire registry prior to installing a program, then export it again after installing a program, and then compare the two in order to find what changes the program's installation made to the registry? it doesn't look like there's much coreplayer information in the registry locations you specified, and i'm wondering if the good stuff is hidden away somewhere else.
Go to Top of Page

Elwood_Blues

Australia
26 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  23:53:04  Show Profile
Osprey
Media Player works now. No more freezing up Thanks for your help
Go to Top of Page

StickMonster

44 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  00:33:08  Show Profile
Osprey,

It looks like you have plenty of bugs to work out, but I wanted to let you know that I love the layouts in your new Vista Themes. It is remarkedly similar to what I would have done (if I had your talent and more free time, that is ). You may convert me to MioPocket yet!

Anyway, would you mind if I reused some of your Vista themes in my own experiments?

Edited by - StickMonster on 10 avr. 2008 00:34:23
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  00:39:49  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Alamsym,
You could do that, but it's very unlikely that the program added anything to the registry if there's nothing in the two Software keys. Have you tried simply running the program after a hard reset? That may be all there is to it.

StickMonster,
Thanks a lot. No, I don't mind. I borrowed a lot of code/ideas from Stopword, too.

Edited by - Osprey on 10 avr. 2008 00:42:07
Go to Top of Page

diavolo

5 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  00:54:22  Show Profile
Key 5000 wrote:
When I click on the Windows Explorer, it display the main shell. As I remember, some of us had this problem before because the corrupted Explorer.exe . Would you please add the working Explorer.exe from your device to the next release. For now, can you just share your Explorer.exe so I and other user can download the file?

Key
I'm having the same problem as you with Explorer exe, have you or Osprey fund a fix for it?? Please let me know.
Go to Top of Page

gs4322

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  01:51:15  Show Profile
@diavolo

Just copy the explore from the program folder to the windows folder on the SD card. Need to hard reset.

That should fix the problem. I had similar issue before.

C520\C310x\AT&T 8525
GSThemes 2.1 MP-R24
Go to Top of Page

leonicdragon

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  01:54:24  Show Profile
No, It still freezes up. As I said, it IS possible to unlock it through SD because Bupahs and starterSD BOTH work, but I want MioPocket :( I have the Windows CE 5.0 builder, but I dunno what files and settings it requires. I read to compile CE5.0 and put it in the Windows folder from another forum but yeah, that's my status so far; hope it helps :)

Go to Top of Page

Shinare

71 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  01:56:26  Show Profile
How does one go about getting it to remember that I am in central US time zone? I was unaware that it did not until reading about it a few posts ago. Is there a central time zone registry file somewhere? And if so, where do I need to copy it?

Thanks!

Miopocket 4.0 r66
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  02:27:04  Show Profile
Osprey,

You are right about the RegEdit.exe. I am not sure how I got the wrong version in there. Sorry about it.
Go to Top of Page

diavolo

5 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  03:08:03  Show Profile
gs4322
I have done that but still when I click Explorer it display the main shell....Thanks for helping!!
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  03:19:18  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Shinare, see my earlier post, the part directed at Sagablade.

Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  04:09:40  Show Profile
Osprey,

Here is the bug in RouteManagerConfig:

DIR_ROUTE = MioMapStorage\"Routes\"

The trailing \ needs to be removed

Edited by - cheerful on 10 avr. 2008 06:27:30
Go to Top of Page

Maddawg

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  04:11:10  Show Profile
Osprey,

C310x: Route Manager: YEP! Just manually create the Routes folder. I created it as \Storage Card\MioMap\Routes and it works.

C320: I copied and renamed gx.dll like you suggested but still have the "freezing" issue. Just to reiterate, it doesn't really freeze but more so takes everything to a crawl to process...

C220: I copied the MioMap folder to the SD card. I think you mentioned that makes it install to My Flash Disk. Same error:
Unable to receive free disk space for \Windows\Fonts
Line 31 (\Storage Card\MioAutorun\Scripts\Unlock.mscr):
If(FreeDiskSpace("\Windows\Fonts") > fontSize)

I'm going to comment this out and see what happens...

Go to Top of Page

Shinare

71 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  04:51:27  Show Profile
quote:

Shinare, see my earlier post, the part directed at Sagablade.

Thanks! I'm not sure how I skimmed over that, heh.

Also, I notice that while I am plugged into my Vista computer not many things work. Like is I press on the "Tools" tab I get the error "Datei nicht gefunden
\storage card\MioAutoRun\Skin\Pages\VistaUltimate_Tools.ini"

I have no idea what that manes. But then it takes me to a blue screen with the windows logo circle in the middle and a single blank icon that says MioPocket. The only way to get out of that is to unplug from the computer and then doubletap that icon. If I plug it back in and hit another icon like Mio Map, the icon depresses, but nothing happens. Its like that with pretty much everything, even the windows button in the lower left corner. It didn't use to behave this way with the older version.

By the way, I have a Mio c320 and am running Windows Vista x64 SP1 on my desktop.

Hope any of that helps. Thanks for all your hard work. Even with the growing pains, this new version is awesome.

Miopocket 4.0 r66
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  05:54:13  Show Profile
Osprey,

Just to report sth interesting -- not sure if this will happen with the copying method you use. I've made the MiniBar sysinfo.ini points to those ini inside the subfolder directly (instead of the copying). If I click on the rotate button, then click on it again to rotate back, I will get an error complaining about the minibar: missing InstallFolder\Bitmaps\MiniBar.bmp

I guess somehow the SysInfo in skin folder is taking over after the rotation. The path is now one level up. It's not clear how this happened.

I've made the mini bar lower on 320x240 screen. Do you have smaller icons with no border (like 20x20)? That will fit the 320x240 better. I love the mini bar now.

Edited by - cheerful on 10 avr. 2008 06:07:44
Go to Top of Page

leonicdragon

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  06:16:53  Show Profile
I removed the Fonts command from Unlock.mscr and now it reboots w/o error, but still freezes at the orange mio screen. Whenever I try the flash mod, it does the same thing. Asgaard's mod works flawless and all the others I've tried so I know it CAN be done. Through Bupahs, I was able to get into CE and it looked just like an OS complete w/ taskbar and icons.

Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  06:25:53  Show Profile
Could anyone tell me where I can get a 24x24 windows start menu icon? I would want to add one to the footer of the 320x240 skins. The one included is for wide screen and is too large for 320.

thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  09:55:37  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Shinare,
Everything works fine for me while I'm plugged into Vista with my c320, so I'm not sure why you're getting that. That's the error when it can't find the page (.ini file) that it's trying to access. It usually happens if you try to access a page when the SD card isn't available (such as immediately after coming out of standby). When you got the error, were you, by any chance, trying to use the device just seconds after connecting it to USB? BTW, that MioPocket icon on the desktop is so that you can relaunch the shell should precisely this happen to you. If you had double-clicked it, you wouldn't have had to reset the device.

Cheerful,
1. I asked someone to change "Routes\" the other day and it didn't help.
2. Thanks for pointing that out. Yes, OrientationToggle.mscr was still using the copy operation for setting the minibar. I've fixed it.
3. I created a 320x240 Vista skin for you widescreen-challenged folk last night, so save your energy :). I'll include it with Release 17 sometime today (Thursday), once I find some solution for GAPI.

Update: I've discovered the GAPI problem: it's with tswitch.exe (the task switcher). The person who mentioned the other day that it causes problems is right.

Edited by - Osprey on 10 avr. 2008 13:00:04
Go to Top of Page

rekop

1 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  14:31:43  Show Profile
Hi!
On my C320 not work the sd-free version.I did everything based on the description. Nothing happens when clicking the miomap button. I have miomap v3.3 release 2008. I tried the older sd-free version, but it was out of order.
Please, somebody help what I do badly!
Go to Top of Page

rickyman0319

8 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  16:34:22  Show Profile
i want to know how do i delete most of the icon on the games selection because i dont really play all games. where do i delete the icon for the games.
Go to Top of Page

gps_newbie

178 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  16:43:54  Show Profile
To delete game icons, edit xxx_Games.ini files in MioAutoRun\Skin\Pages . The games themselves are in MioAutoRun\Programs\Games
Go to Top of Page

scarpezio

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  17:20:25  Show Profile
@Osprey

When using any of the GSthemes, the USB/Active sync does not switch since the icons are calling the old script and not the new USB toggle.

Also I am using Jerrry's 3/28 skin with the stopword patches. Is there a way for the icons to be called to display correctly rather than the generic Windows icons?

Mio C520, Miomap 3.3, 01/08, 2006.10 maps
Jerry's Latest Skin
Miopocket 2.0 R21
Go to Top of Page

Shinare

71 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  18:05:29  Show Profile
Hey Osprey,
No, it wasn't just after turning it on or anything. I can be working just fine on my Mio, but plugging into my desktop pretty much makes doing anything on the mio impossible after that. All I get on the Windows Vista "My Computer" is two new drives (looks like the flash drive and the storage card) when I plug it in and can access the files that way. But pressing anything on the mio results in either an error and then going to that screen with the miopocket icon, or nothing happening at all. While it is plugged in, you canont even double tap the miopocket icon, nothing will happen. But once you unplug it, you can double tap that icon and everything is fine. Just weird. It doesnt bother me that much. I love the new look and layout so much I'll just live with it rather than reverting to r15.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Miopocket 4.0 r66
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  19:00:12  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Scarpezio,
1. Thanks for pointing out the GSThemes issue.
2. It sounds like you're not using the patch files that I included. See the Readme (section 4.3)

Shinare,
1. Having two drives means that you're in USB Mass Storage mode. Try ActiveSync mode, instead. You're saying that R15 didn't have this problem for you? Did you have that set to Mass Storage mode, as well?

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  19:06:48  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Hey, everyone, here's Release 17.

I'm so sorry to everyone for the many issues that Release 16 had. It turned out to be more of a beta release for 2.0 than I had intended. I've fixed most of the big issues over the last few days. This release is, hopefully, what the last one should've been (and a bit more).

http://rapidshare.com/files/106416694/MioPocket_2.0__Release_17_.zip

I hadn't really intended on making a 320x240 version of the Vista skin, since the main impetus was to utilize the extra screen real estate on the widescreen devices, but you guys have been so patient and appreciative that I wanted to give you what I could. Besides, I felt a little guilty that 320x240 users were missing out (and not a single complaint) on what has turned out to be a popular design. So, here you go...

====================================
** MioPocket 2.0 (Release 17) - 04/10/2008 ** (Osprey)
====================================

1. Added 320x240 version of Vista Ultimate skin

2. Fixed the system slowdown issue with GAPI (esp. Media Player) by replacing the task manager that was conflicting

3. Fixed MyApps being hardcoded to \Storage Card

4. Once paths in files have been replaced (on first unlock), it isn't done again, saving many seconds on subsequent unlocks

5. Fixed issue with executing script files after first reboot

6. Separated FixPathsAndImport.mscr into separate FixPaths.mscr and RegistryImport.mscr

7. Added unit conversion app

8. Added better task manager for 480x472 displays (320x240 users are free to try it and tell me if it's at all usable at their resolution)

9. Added script to hide the taskbar that gets unhidden when Media Player exits

10. Replaced a few icons

11. Fixed the route manager not being able to create the necessary folder(s) on certain devices.

Edited by - Osprey on 10 avr. 2008 19:48:35
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  19:24:17  Show Profile
Osprey,

Thanks for the Vista skin. Looks really nice. Will try it tonight.

The trailing \ was the problem for C710. Once removed, it created the folder successfully. Not sure about other devices. Apparently, CE 4 has problem with trailing \ and resolving path\..\..\
Go to Top of Page

miatawnt2b

43 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  19:25:50  Show Profile
Thanks Osprey! I just got my c520 yesterday, and this thread has been a great help. I am going to install ver17 and provide all the feedback I can.

Thanks Again,
-J
Go to Top of Page

jimmyt

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  20:28:32  Show Profile
Thanks for your efforts and work osprey - will begin testing this afternoon after the honey do list is done :)

jim
Go to Top of Page

Shinare

71 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  20:56:05  Show Profile
quote:

Shinare,
1. Having two drives means that you're in USB Mass Storage mode. Try ActiveSync mode, instead. You're saying that R15 didn't have this problem for you? Did you have that set to Mass Storage mode, as well?

Osprey, I had never changed the USB mode before, but I found it under settings. Hitting that icon changed it to "activesynch mode" or something like that. This seems to have fixed the problem with nothing working while connected. but I had never changed that before, and it has always worked before as the two drive thing. Oh well. I'll use it this way now.

Downloading r17 as I type this and am going to install it now! Thanks again for your hard work!

Miopocket 4.0 r66
Go to Top of Page

SkyLight

187 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  21:12:37  Show Profile
In Mass Storage mode, when you connect the USB cable the SD-card is "locked". This is why you have this problem. When you're in Active-sync the SD-card is not locked.

MIO C320 - SLiMio unlock (July)
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=109224
MioMap3.3 - July07
Overide zip files for Jerry's latest skins:
Data_SLiMio_MFD_20080414, Data_SLiMio_SDC_20080414, Data_SLiMio_MFD_20080512, Data_SLiMio_SDC_20080512
Go to Top of Page

leonicdragon

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  21:28:47  Show Profile
Here are my reports on the new version
mode: c220 v8.3* Mio v3.3

Had to change "mioautorun" files to "oscar91adm" in order for it to launch.
Error message "Couldn't create directory '\Windows\Programs\Multimedia
Line 47 (\Storage Card\Mioautorun\Scripts\Unlock.mscr):
XCopy (WindowsFolder\"Programs\*.*",
"\Windows\Programs",
TRUE, TRUE)
click ok
reboots
freezes at orange mio screen.

Flah mod
reboots and freezes at the orange mio screen.
No error messages

Edited by - leonicdragon on 10 avr. 2008 21:32:43
Go to Top of Page

hokieZ

24 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  22:58:04  Show Profile
Downloaded R16 a couple days ago and it would lock up on my C520 all the time, pretty much nothing would run on it. Had to go back to R15 and R15 worked A-OK.

Now I installed R17 and it seems more stable so far. No lockups yet. I will try it out more extensively on my way home.

The interface is very nice Osprey! Nice work.
Go to Top of Page

miatawnt2b

43 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  23:07:32  Show Profile
How long does it take you to upload the miopocket to the MIO? I have been copying for 30 minutes and it seems very slow.
-J
Go to Top of Page

hokieZ

24 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  23:26:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by miatawnt2b

How long does it take you to upload the miopocket to the MIO? I have been copying for 30 minutes and it seems very slow.
-J

Depends on your Mio. If you have a 310x, it is USB1.1, I think and it will take a while. I have a C520, and it took a few minutes (maybe 3-5 minutes) if you are using USB mass storage, not ActiveSync. If you're using AciveSync, it will take a while also.

Go to Top of Page

leonicdragon

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  00:01:26  Show Profile
UPDATE!!!!

I have gotten MioPocket to work after installing Bupahs Mio Mod 3.5 and manually running the mort script. When it reboots I get two error messages about shortcuts and it can't find miopocket and then when I manually enter the resinfo, it loads. So I'm guessing that the shortcut errors are what is making it lock up. If you need any help at all, just let me know and I will try my best :)

Edited by - leonicdragon on 11 avr. 2008 00:31:17
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  01:05:27  Show Profile
Osprey,

Quick report on 1st try. I got in the same error as last time. The 2 dll's in System are causing trouble. They were added at the very top of unlock

RegWriteMultiString("HKLM", "Loader", "SystemPath", Array(SystemFolder & "\"))

For the expriments I've worked on with the scripts, I separated those 2 out to, say Windows\ce5

I think it's better for those os-specific dll be available only in subdirectory
Go to Top of Page

miatawnt2b

43 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  02:42:39  Show Profile
Osprey, I attempted to install ver 17 as per your readme on the internal flash. Miopocket doesn't want to launch at all. Nothing happens when I press the miomap icon. I've tried renaming Miomap.exe to MIOMAP.exe thinking it may be a case problem, but it still won't launch. No errors are displayed.
Thanks,
-J
Go to Top of Page

gps_newbie

178 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  02:54:39  Show Profile
Just tried R17. First cold boot works fine. Subsequent cold boot generates a syntax error. Once the syntax error is dismissed, boot continues without problem.
Go to Top of Page

Maddawg

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  03:50:57  Show Profile
Osprey,

THANKS! Works on the C320 and C310x. And more thanks for making the Vista skin for the C310x; that rocks!

I can't seem to break the C220 issue but I saw that Mio went after Bupah to stop working his methods on it. Not cool...

Go to Top of Page

Shinare

71 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  03:54:44  Show Profile
Installed r17 earlier today and its looking good, but only now opened up miomap to use it while driving. While on the map view there is now an slightly annoying blinking thick black line in the lower right corner of the screen. Not sure what thats from. Not a big deal, will probably get used to it.

Miopocket 4.0 r66
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  04:30:20  Show Profile
Osprey,

Found out a couple things:

1. There is a bug in orientation toggle

320-Portrait should be 320x240-Portrait

2. SkinChanger won't work correctly in portrait mode. But that's nothing to worry about.

3. The close button can cause a flash if other apps are running. I've looked around and it does not seem to have a way to find out the previous active window. It's OK then.

4. I've modified the Unlock to separate ce4 and ce5 dll. It was from the old script I wrote. One addition is not to change skin for 320 if it's already a 320 skin. Here it's again.

http://rapidshare.com/files/106529419/Unlock.mscr.html

5. Is there any reason to leave out other folders in Cleanup script?

6. The Media Player remains in Portrait mode. Choose GAPI device to landscape does not change it. Once it exits, the taskbar will come up and I can't get rid of it. The minibar moves up as well.

7. The unlock speed is so much faster on 2nd run!

The Vista 320x240 is quite cool. It may take me some time to get used too, as the buttons are a bit smaller than usual.

Have you thought about organize the minibar like the regular skin page so that you don't have to think twice to use .. or ..\..? We can leave only sysinfo.ini in minibar folder. Naming pattern can be sth like MiniBar320x240 and MiniBar320x240_Close.

Edited by - cheerful on 11 avr. 2008 05:02:30
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  05:40:47  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Miatawnt2b,
So, you copied the zip's MioAutoRun folder (so that it looked like \My Flash Disk\MioAutoRun), renamed Miomap.exe and Miomap.exe.id to Miomap_orig.exe and Miomap_orig.exe.id, then copied all three files inside the zip's MioMap folder into your \My Flash Disk\Miomap\Miomap folder? Then, once you clicked on the Miomap icon on the menu, you waited long enough (10-20 seconds) without pressing anything else for it to install?

gps_newbie,
Do you mean that the first installation works and gets you into MioPocket without error, but every re-installation (after a hard reset or shutdown) produces an error?

Maddawg,
Thanks. You're welcome. As for the c220, yeah, I'm at a loss with that device, since it's so different from all other devices. I apologize to c220 owners that I can't be more help. Hopefully, you guys can figure it out. Maddawg, can you perhaps explain to me what it is that's different about the c220? Why is this Bupah taskbar necessary when it's not for other devices?

Shinare,
Does that "blinking, thick black line" look like it's the MiniBar (which is 26 pixels tall and 139 pixels wide)? That's supposed to be killed when you launch MioMap from MioPocket's links.

Cheerful,
1. Thanks for catching the "320-Portrait" error
3. Right. As soon as you press something on the MiniBar (which includes the close button), it steals focus. Therefore, the only way to close an app is to kill the MiniBar, then close the current window, then re-launch the MiniBar. That's why it "flashes."
5. Yes, the reason is that removing Program Files prevents you from installing applications.
6. What do you mean "Media Player remains in portrait mode"? When? Please explain.
7. I told you that I had a solution to solve the speed issue ;)
8. Well, need I remind you that I did have the MiniBar set up so that the paths were identical to the main pages, but you had to implement your WriteFile method that screwed that up ;)

Edited by - Osprey on 11 avr. 2008 05:46:20
Go to Top of Page

gps_newbie

178 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  05:52:17  Show Profile
quote:
gps_newbie,
Do you mean that the first installation works and gets you into MioPocket without error, but every re-installation (after a hard reset or shutdown) produces an error?

Yes. This was done on a C310x.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  06:26:43  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
gps_newbie,
If you add...
Message("About to import: " & regFile)
on lines just before each of the RunWait commands in MioAutoRun\Scripts\RegistryImport.mscr, you can determine which registry file is giving you that error. Then, we can maybe determine what the actual problem is.

Go to Top of Page

leonicdragon

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  06:34:44  Show Profile
Cheerful,
When I replace the Unlock.mscr from the "Scrpits" folder with yours, it doesn't do anything.
Also, when I do it through Bupahs, the "miopocket" icon is missing the target file. ( I think that may be the whole problem or a good portion of it right there!)
Where is it supposed to be pointing?
I am currently analyzing his scripts to see if I can get it to work with MioPocket and I will let you know what I've found :)

Edited by - leonicdragon on 11 avr. 2008 06:41:02
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  06:46:06  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Leonicdragon,
He didn't intend for anyone but me to download the tweaked script. As you discovered ;), it'll render MioPocket unusable unless you know what other changes need to be made.

Edited by - Osprey on 11 avr. 2008 06:49:49
Go to Top of Page

gps_newbie

178 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  06:52:27  Show Profile
quote:

gps_newbie,
If you add...
Message("About to import: " & regFile)
on lines just before each of the RunWait commands in MioAutoRun\Scripts\RegistryImport.mscr, you can determine which registry file is giving you that error. Then, we can maybe determine what the actual problem is.

The problem is with iGuidance4-c310.reg. For some reason, the last line in the file is not terminated with cr lf.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  07:00:47  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
gps_newbie,
Ah, great to hear. So that's why it doesn't happen for most people: most people probably haven't moved that .reg file from \Registry\Exclude to \Registry like you have. Does opening it up and putting a carriage return at the end of the file solve it for you?

Go to Top of Page

miatawnt2b

43 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  13:16:08  Show Profile
Osprey,
Yes, I followed the readme to the letter. The root of the internal flash has the MioAutoRun directory from your zip. The root directory also contains stock AudioPlayer.DAT, SETTINGS.DAT, calcprofile.ini and a VERSION.TXT as well as a MIOMAP directory and a few others. Am I in the right place? I then browse to MIOMAP\MIOMAP\ rename MIOMAP.exe to MIOMAP_orig.exe and rename miomap.exe.id to miomap_orig.exe.id, then copy your 3 files into that dir. Pull the USB cable and try and click the MIOMAP icon twice in about 5 seconds. Nothing happens.

Thanks!
-J
Go to Top of Page

miatawnt2b

43 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  13:34:52  Show Profile
I guess I should maybe add this is a model C520 from the US. When it starts to boot I get the FW string R45+3+9937+0716

Thanks again
-J
Go to Top of Page

gps_newbie

178 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  13:55:26  Show Profile
quote:

gps_newbie,
Ah, great to hear. So that's why it doesn't happen for most people: most people probably haven't moved that .reg file from \Registry\Exclude to \Registry like you have. Does opening it up and putting a carriage return at the end of the file solve it for you?

yes, that is all it take. I believe the file never have cr to terminate the last line since the first time you included it in your release. I was wonder for a while why the last entry was never got into the registry.
Thanks.

Edited by - gps_newbie on 11 avr. 2008 16:42:43
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  14:13:33  Show Profile
Osprey,

On the Media Player: it starts with a flash of GAPI and it's in Portrait mode. Exiting it will bring screen back to landscape. Use GAPI to choose my device and set MP's Orientation to Follow GUI has no effect.

The taskbar border shows, but nothing else. The system slows down quite a bit. Then I found out the script is running CE5 version. Switched to player.exe but does not help either

Restore to my previous version. Worked on C710.

http://rapidshare.com/files/106619159/Media_Player.rar.html

If (CeVersion = 4)
Run(ProgramsFolder\"Media Player\Player.exe")
Else
Run(ProgramsFolder\"Media Player\PlayerCe5.exe")
EndIf
Sleep(5000)
Run(ProgramsFolder\"ShowTaskbar.exe")

Was my fault about the minibar. I will do the hand work to reorg. Sorry about it. Where do you want to the pages to be: in Pages or MiniBar (along with sysinfo) or sth like MiniBarPages? Do you want to merge Bitmaps and Background?

Edited by - cheerful on 11 avr. 2008 14:30:39
Go to Top of Page

edryer

25 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  14:14:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by miatawnt2b

I guess I should maybe add this is a model C520 from the US. When it starts to boot I get the FW string R45+3+9937+0716

Thanks again
-J

Off topic: Wow Firmware version r45 for a US c520. I am still running v22. Anyone know where firmware version r45 is and what the changes are.
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  14:41:35  Show Profile
I have seen 100% cpu quite often and it's hard to pinpoint. It happens mostly after kill a game. Is there any task manager that show the process taking the cpu? I am trying to see if the killing by the minibar has any thing to do with it (maybe the game did not release the resource properly when it's killed).

Edited by - cheerful on 11 avr. 2008 16:03:07
Go to Top of Page

miatawnt2b

43 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  15:10:45  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by edryer

Off topic: Wow Firmware version r45 for a US c520. I am still running v22. Anyone know where firmware version r45 is and what the changes are.

Or... Maybe I need to downgrade firmware. :)

Edited by - miatawnt2b on 11 avr. 2008 15:11:59
Go to Top of Page

miatawnt2b

43 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  15:40:00  Show Profile
OK, I've tried re-installing the miopocket software with a windows machine (I was previously using ubuntu) figuring there may be a permissions issue. No luck. Same result. pressing the MioMap icon does nothing. Is this software case sensitive? I've noticed that the directory on my mio is MIOMAP and the directory for the miopocket is MioMap. Likewise I've noticed case differences in filenames.

Thanks for your help everyone.
-J
Go to Top of Page

Shinare

71 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  15:44:06  Show Profile
quote:

Shinare,
Does that "blinking, thick black line" look like it's the MiniBar (which is 26 pixels tall and 139 pixels wide)? That's supposed to be killed when you launch MioMap from MioPocket's links.

No, its more like 5 pixles tall by 50. I didnt count them, this old man's eyes aren't that good. :)

Miopocket 4.0 r66

Edited by - Shinare on 11 avr. 2008 17:00:55
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  16:07:25  Show Profile
leonicdragon,

Sorry that I was always lazy to write doc. It was intended for Osprey. But here is what you would need for flash based unlock

The System folder needs to contain a subfoler for you system, ce4 or ce5. Move the Windows\ce4\*.dll (2 files) to System\ce4. Move the 2 dll's with the same names (doclist and aygshell) in System to System\ce5.

Move Windows\Fonts to Fonts.
Go to Top of Page

newfta

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  16:24:37  Show Profile
Anybody made this work with 720? Any twick to make it work?

c720t
miopocket 2.0 release 38
iGO 831
Go to Top of Page

miatawnt2b

43 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  16:28:56  Show Profile
I apologize for spamming the list this morning. I was able to get miopocket ver 17 to boot using the SD install instead. Everything worked perfectly. I would really like to get this working with the SD-free install though. Is there anything I am missing? SD-free does not use the MioAutoRun.exe and such in the root of the internal flash correct?

-J
Go to Top of Page

Jen5

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  16:39:52  Show Profile
Is there anyone familiar with installing ver 16 0r 17 on mioc220 running Bupahs taskbar 3.5?? Ive tried some things and am able to have it install but I have to run it from sysinformation.exe in skins. Then run mortscript and run a skin scriptand it comes up but unless im in version 16 i cant get the icons to find applications. If anyone an post instructions for newbies it would be appreciated. I looked at opreys Install in the download renaming to oscaradm.mscr and oscaradm.exe no luck. Please Help

Go to Top of Page

fasiol

Romania
65 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  16:57:40  Show Profile
Osprey, when I am in Settings and click Bluetooth, I become this:Cannot find 'mbluetooth' (or one of its components ) I have a Mio C 720 with Bluetooth.From Miosettings I can activate bluetooth. Whats wrong?

Mio C 720, version MioMap V3.3 , 10 Ian 2008
Firmware: R02+3+9913+1018
Jerry skin DATA 2008.04.14 BigFonts + Data Override_2008 04 14
Go to Top of Page

Shinare

71 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  17:10:28  Show Profile
@Osprey

Hey, the thick black line is gone after I did a hard reset. Well, at least its not there any more. :)

Miopocket 4.0 r66
Go to Top of Page

matt_cyr

35 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  17:14:07  Show Profile
@Osprey

Hi Osprey, I would like to congratulate you on your amazing themes. I have modified your original Blue and Ice themes in order to use them on my pocket loox n100 pna. I was just wondering if you would mind me posting them on the gpspassion forums for other loox n1x0 series owners to use. I would of course give you full credit for the themes and any scripts used.
Go to Top of Page

leonicdragon

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  17:35:22  Show Profile
Jen 5,
YAY! Someone who has the c220! Okay what you do is rename "mioautorun" to "oscar91adm" the 91 is VERY IMPORTANT! The only problem I have run into is getting the mionav to work b/c Bupahs has you rename MioMaps to MioMaps2 and the icon points to MioMaps.

Cheerful,
It IS possible to run from the SD card and that is what I have been doing for Miopocket so where would I copy said files on the SD card?

Osprey,
The script that cheerful posted didn't look any different than yours except the "copy a few startup scripts" was not indented and I'm guessing that is because the variables for that command were deleted. And the copy ce4 dlls command which doesn't apply to me b/c c220 is CE5 core.
I am thinking that the version for c220 is going to have to be its own, but i could be wrong. I've noticed some commands in Bupahs's script that aren't in yours and I'm thinking that might have some effect on the install. I would, however, still like to know where the "miopocket" icon is supposed to point. I am 95% sure that that missing target file error I am getting is because of "miopocket".
BTW, I am running this off of the SD card successfully.

Once in, I have been having a hard time getting Tetris to run. And is the taskbar really a CE taskbar or a program that is made to look like it?
oh and Kudos on the vista ultimate skin it is GORGEOUS!

Go to Top of Page

marianrec

Romania
2 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  17:44:38  Show Profile
Has anybody made it working on Mio C620? If there is someone, please explain it to me how.
Go to Top of Page

gummismurfen

18 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  17:51:31  Show Profile
marianrec
the MioPocket1.2R15 work on c620 but you have to wait for miomap to start up first then click on the lower right side for the litle meny to apear there choose end all
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

344 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2008 :  18:12:21  Show Profile
leonicdragon,

The directory structure is the same for sd-based. Osprey no longer copies those dll to \Windows. All those directory refers subfolder in MioAutoRun. However, given your description, I don't see anything you would need. The copy statements are moved inside the if from sd block so it should work just as Osprey's script. The changes are intended to minimize copying. I am down to 3 second unlock now. There is probably some bug I introduced. I can't download script at work so have to check tonight. Or if you can post the script somewhere that I can look at, along with Bupahs', I will take a look at it.

The target for MioPocket shortcut for you is the SystemInformation.exe in the skin folder. That launches MP.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 42 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6,84 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05