Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2264

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GPS Programming
 "Beta" GPS software
 Graphical GPX Editor - Updated 07/2012
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Pixel_K

France
835 Posts

Posted - 20 nov. 2008 :  22:26:12  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New version available on first post.
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
835 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2009 :  17:10:31  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New version with spanish and german translation.
If somebody wants to add or correct a translation, please tell me.
Go to Top of Page

navi_walk

33 Posts

Posted - 06 janv. 2009 :  10:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks!
Looks nice, it will take some days (maybe the next weekend) to test your new version ...
Go to Top of Page

1drey

Russia
62 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2009 :  14:45:03  Show Profile  Visit 1drey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oops! wrong thread - sorry

Edited by - 1drey on 11 janv. 2009 18:47:24
Go to Top of Page

kk

Austria
7 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2009 :  18:42:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great piece of software!

I was wondering if the following is also possible to ease life while editing tracks:
- add shortcuts to all functions to speed up frequently used functions such as delete points in box (ctrl b or what ever), or split track ...
- add select button to select various points and then delete them
- add user defined maps as geotiff and/or wms

Karel
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
835 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2009 :  18:59:27  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
- Shortcuts should be easy to add. Any preferred ones ?
- Multi-selection is a bit tricky to add at the moment. The best alternative are the "delete into box" commands
- The problem so far is that I don't use Mercator projection in preview mode, but a much simpler and faster one, so any background map will not be aligned correctly.

If you can give me a list of shortcuts, I'll try to add them; There are already a few (like Del, Ctrl-S).
Go to Top of Page

kk

Austria
7 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2009 :  21:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pixel_K

- Shortcuts should be easy to add. Any preferred ones ?

Sounds good.
From left to right in the menu:
join 2 tracks/route
cut track/route
cut selected track/route
all 4 box functions (delete box, keep box ...)
delete track point
delete selected elements

choose any meaningful combination - I have no preferences.

quote:

- The problem so far is that I don't use Mercator projection in preview mode, but a much simpler and faster one, so any background map will not be aligned correctly.

What kind of projection do you use? Is there a way to project the map into your projection and then include it as a background image map? If you get the bounding box of the image in geographic coordinates and the resolution would that be of any help?

Some other small comments:
- point list tab: The scroll bar does not seem to work. Furthermore, it would be helpful if you could select points in the point list and then see the selection graphically in order to edit them.
- preview tab: Would it be possible to also zoom in the profile according to the scale of the map? This could be helpful to edit/delete details in the profile that cannot be otherwise seen/selected

Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
835 Posts

Posted - 14 janv. 2009 :  16:53:55  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been a bit hasty on the shortcut answer, it is a bit more difficult that what I thought, but I'll add that for the next version.

My projection is linear and just has a fixed X/Y ratio. A simple stretch of a Mercator projected image will not be good enough.

Mercator is an entire different beast. If you're interested in the detail look at the the details. Putting a linear layer (such as the preview tab of GPX Editor) over a Mercator Projected picture will not align right.
I made a few tries recently at using Mercator projection for the preview, but it gets to slow for the real-time display/move/zoom/edit that is done with the linear version.
It would be technically feasible to re-project the bitmap from Mercator to my linear projection, but I don't feel comfortable enough in image processing to do it.

Edited by - Pixel_K on 14 janv. 2009 16:54:51
Go to Top of Page

kk

Austria
7 Posts

Posted - 16 janv. 2009 :  23:38:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe it would be easier to consider a link to a user-defined wms. That way you don't have to worry about integrating geocoded map data into the system directly. Just an adjustment in the preferences similar to the options for google maps (mapnik ...). Is this feasible?

Otherwise, could you send me an example of "your" projection, what parameters you use and how you integrate an image into the system? I guess a compressed 8bit (png, tif ...) image should be sufficient. I could then look into external projection possibilities (using gdaltools) and find a way of creating the image you need.
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
835 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2009 :  10:24:47  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
is may be feasible but way over my current area of competence. The source is available, so all you need is already there for any investigation. Png or tif would need additional libraries to decode them, and so far there is no way to decode simply geotiff metadata in delphi. I would like to add such support, but I just don't have the knowledge.

If you have any other WMS (Google API compatible) which could be added to the Google map view, please tell me. I could Add a "free to configure" WMS slot, but I fear that I wouldn't be able to control its mechanism and therefore be sure that it displays well.
Go to Top of Page

Pixel_K

France
835 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2009 :  18:15:08  Show Profile  Visit Pixel_K's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New Version 1.1.25, includes the keyboard shortcuts.
Go to Top of Page

kk

Austria
7 Posts

Posted - 21 janv. 2009 :  17:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pixel_K

New Version 1.1.25, includes the keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks for the shortcuts. I'll set up a basic WMS and see if this works. If you could add the "free to configure" WMS slot that would be great.
Go to Top of Page

iamdave

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2009 :  17:58:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice.
I found the editor while Googl'ing for "GPX editor". What I would like to find
is a tool that lets me adjust the timestamps in the GPX file for tracks.
I invariably forget to set the timezone when travelling and my tracks are 1 or 2 hours off.
Have you considered an option to adjust the timestamps for waypoints or
tracks?
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

navi_walk

33 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2009 :  18:18:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iamdave
What I would like to find
is a tool that lets me adjust the timestamps in the GPX file for tracks.

You can do that with GPSBabel.

Bye
Go to Top of Page

iamdave

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2009 :  18:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I did not know the GPSBabel could do that... I thought it only did
format conversions.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05