Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2299

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 Navigon 2100 Unlocking FAQ
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

cajnape

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  14:43:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unlocking the 2100 will only get you to windows CE and allow you to access the internal flash memory of the device in which you can load other softwares onto the 2100. You don't need to run CanOpener to get to CE. Look at the first page of the Finished Skins for the 2100 and you will see a startup kit i put together for Blue. You can unlock the 2100 with two different methods. But to answer your question on having the navigation rum better...unlocking your 2100 will do nothing to help you in that area. Yes, you will be able to run player for music and videos and unless you install other games or software, that's pretty much the extent of unlocking. Its nice to use though as you can launch certain programs to switch between navigation and music and so on without having to reset your device.

SAVING LIVES WITH NAVIGON 2100
Go to Top of Page

TSYA

8 Posts

Posted - 17 mai 2008 :  23:48:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
pdragonfly; Don't see why it wouldn't work on a 5100. I run it successfully on a 7100 using MioMap and iGuidance for the gps software on the 7100 hardware. Navigon hardware is great but until routing problems are fixed, I'll use other software.

I actually did this on Navigon 5100. I found that version 1.5 of the MioPocket works better "out of the box" as opposed to the new version of 2.0 (it can be done but havent gone through it - just wanted something other than the Navigon software thats on this unit as its routing is horrendous).

I installed iGO8 and I must say - this is probably the best Navigation software thats out there at the moment (aside from Garmin once someone can figure out how to get it working on a CE device). Download the version for the PNA as this works seamlessly.

Also for those asking about TomTom - I have tried many versions and only found that 6.01 works. Version 6.03 crashes. Version 6.1, 6.2 (and all subsequent build versions) does not get past the splash screen. 6.02 works BUT it intermittently and consistently locks the GPS - you must click the screen to enter the menu then exit. 6.01 works great!.

My question to you folks with the Navigon (especially the 5100) is how do you enter suspend mode? I find that I have to exit the application (TomTom or iGO) then click the power button then suspend followed by OK. To exit from suspension - I simply press the power button on the top. However, when I click on the power button on top to enter suspension - it does not work :(

Many Many Many thanks to this forum as I give all credits to understanding the potential of all the PNA devices that I have owned or looked into.

~~TSYA
Go to Top of Page

bobdole

28 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2008 :  08:21:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MioPockets 2.0

Took me a while to figure out how to get MioPockets 2.0 tor work on Navigon 2100. Thought it would help to post the files that worked for me. This is based on the release #18. A few tweaks had to be made to make it work with Navigon 2100. This post should make it a lot easier for people to install MioPocket. Note, the latest release #20 doesn't work with Navigon 2100, so don't bother trying that.

This is much cooler looking and stable than CanOpener.

To install in on your navigon 2100.
Make a backup copy of AutoRunCE.exe on your SD card by re-naming it to AutoRunCE.exe.bak

Download and extract miopocket:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OBB7R2X7

Copy all of the files you unzipped into the root directory of your SD card. ('MioMap' and 'MioAutorun' directories + 7 files) Copy them into the root directory of your SD card.

Do a hard reboot.
You will see a message saying to insert the memory card.
Just wait 30 seconds.
The unit will setup miopocket, and then reboot itself again.
And then it will load up miopocket.

That's it.

To customize the GPS program icons, edit the file:
MioAutoRun\Scripts\Variables.mscr

you need to customize it match where you have installed your GRP software (Navigon, iGo, Mio, TomTom, etc...)

Everything else seems to all work without any other configuration.

Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

BLUE

USA
645 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  00:38:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BOBDOLE.....great find. My only question.. I tried everything you posted & it works fine but I got stuck on installing MIOMAP. I renamed "c230 users: rename MioAutoRun.exe to autorun_ABC.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr to autorun_ABC.mscr" as instructions". I put the MIO files in
MioAutoRun > Programs > MioMap. Now I now have a message ..... (\storage Card\MIOMAP.exe was not found. Install the application to that path & try again). Am I doing something wrong or I missed something on the instruction? Please advise.

6.5.2 BLuE's V3 Skin Available on page 6 of Finished Skin Thread

BLUE BLUE BLUE

Edited by - BLUE on 19 mai 2008 00:39:48
Go to Top of Page

bobdole

28 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  03:44:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@BLUE

Le't me understand you question.
You have Miopocket installed and it works right?
You are now having problem runing miomap from within miopocket?
Note, miopocket doesn't come with any GPS software. I'm assuming that you had a working copy of miomap on your SD that you had already installed.

If that's the case it's just that you need to customize the path for your GPS software. You do that by editing this file:
MioAutoRun\Scripts\Variables.mscr

Edit this section:
MioMap = IniRead(InstallFolder\"MioPocket.ini", "Navigation", "MioMap")
MioMapFolder = "\Storage Card"
MioMapEXE = "MIOMAP.exe"

You need to change the MioMapFolder to match where your have your miomap software installed on your SD card(miomap.exe).
If you put it in \miomap, then change it to:
MioMapFolder = "\Storage Card\miomap"

My miomap was installed in the root directory, so if that's not where you have it, then that's why your are getting an error.

Let me know if that fixes the problem for you.
Go to Top of Page

bobdole

28 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  03:55:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@BLUE

BTW, I didn't write any instructions with the ZIP file that your downloaded. I think Osprey wrote those instructions for mio hardware, not for Navigon.
You should not have to modify anything other than Variables.mscr file to have it work on Navigon 2100.
So I'm not sure why you were renaming autorun_ABC files...

You can also start miomap using the windows explorer by double clicking on miomap.exe once you get to the directory to make sure your miomap is properly installed.
Go to Top of Page

BLUE

USA
645 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  13:23:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BOBDOLE thanks for the quick reply. YES I do have a working MIOMAP on hand. I will move the MIOmap files in the root directory & put the original file without re-namming. BTW, I got that instructions inside the MIOMAP folder.

"If that's the case it's just that you need to customize the path for your GPS software. You do that by editing this file:
MioAutoRun\Scripts\Variables.mscr" ---- what prog can I use to customize this?

BLUE BLUE BLUE

Edited by - BLUE on 19 mai 2008 15:14:38
Go to Top of Page

cajnape

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  14:47:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blue or bobdole...

I went to the download page to get the zip files and it just says what the file is and the size. I don't see any download button to get the actual files. Any suggestions? Also, does this actually replace the exsisting CE software on the 2100 or does it just act like can opener?

Go to Top of Page

BLUE

USA
645 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  15:11:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From Mega Upload you have to enter the given code located on the upper right(usually 3 characters & IT'S CASE SENSITIVE). Timer should be activated @ this point about 45 seconds. It's like Canopener updated. Goodluck!

BLUE BLUE BLUE
Go to Top of Page

skydve1

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  15:16:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used Bob's MioPockets on my 2100 and it works fine.

Has anyone been able to get iGuidance v3 or v4 to run successfully? I tried for many hours this weekend. After finally finding the correct note_prj.dll file, I got the iguidance.exe file to run, but the CPU hits 100% and nothing else happens. Using the incorrect note_prj.dll file gave some msg about the executable missing a component, so I think I'm on the right track...

Thanks in advance....
Go to Top of Page

cajnape

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  15:28:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Blue...Does it have Windows media player and games on it? It shows them in the picture you posted...What else does it come with that would benifit us?

Go to Top of Page

BLUE

USA
645 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  15:46:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you already notice that the interface is better. I do not want to spoil anything....all I have to say is "it's a must have". Media player & games...YES!

BLUE BLUE BLUE
Go to Top of Page

rlwetzel

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  15:47:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got iGuidance V4 running on a 7100. Had to go into Control Panel, System, the Memory tab, and move the slider towards Storage to get V4 to run. Seems the default setting doesn't provide enough. You might notice this also when using a TTS voice. You'll hear the turn info, but not the street name. Adjusting memory fixed that also.
Go to Top of Page

cajnape

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  16:50:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds good blue...i got it downloaded! Don't have my unit with me today but i will get it loaded tomorrow and check it out!

Go to Top of Page

random08

70 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  16:53:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been a little hesitant to unlocking my Navigon, BUT when I saw the screen shot that Bob Dole put up, I was impressed.

I have three two gig cards so I definately will need a four gig card.

I do get a few errors, ie I do not have a Mio map, but I love the ability to access Navigon from the desktop. This looks very promising and has quite a bit of potential.

Good work to those, now I do wish I had a bigger display, as a GPS, I never looked at my display, just did what Isabel told me to.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,95 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05