Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 23 févr. 2008 : 01:08:41
REVIEWED - Qstarz BT-Q1000 Platinum Travel Recorder
MTK Bcore 1.1 Firmware - 200,000 points - Multi-Hz logging
Product Page on Qstarz website
Available at LiveViewGPS for $100
Six months after the BT-Q1000 v1, Qstarz are releasing an upgraded "Platinum" model that bumps up the waypoint memory to 200,000 points from 100,000 and has the latest Bcore 1.1/v2 MTK firmware vs the v1.94 used on the BT-Q1000. On the software side, the v2 ships with a much more user friendly v4 software suite to set the logger, view tracks and geocode photos.
I received a test unit earlier this week and here are some first comments :
- As usual with Qstarz, the packaging is excellent and the box contains all you need : manual, cd, usb cable, AC charger, car charger and small case for the logger
- From the outside, the v2 is very similar to the v2 apart from the rubber base that seems to offer improved "anti-skidding"
- The new v4 software is much faster and user friendly than the v3 used on the Q1000/v1...once you've entered the 28 (!) digit key code. Here are my notes about it :
1. Much better interface
2. No advanced settings (altitude/nmea flow/csv options)
3. Can't remove multiple photos
4. Can't choose which photos will be geocoded
5. Track editing, but not on Google Maps overlay and no undo.
The more advanced settings are still available via the v3 software also present on the CD. I wasn't able to run it on my PC, maybe because I had already installed it with the Q1000/v1
- GPS sensitivity appears to be as good as on the Q1000/v1, thanks to the use of the same large patch antenna, unlike on the solar Q1200
- Logged Data can now be downloaded over Bluetooth in addition to USB. It is quite fast too when set at 115200bps. Conversely the Q1000P can also be configured over Bluetooth.
Transfer speed over UBS is much faster than before, 14,000 points in 26 seconds, this is at least 10x faster than on the original Q1000
- Memory is rated at 200,000 waypoints, but that's without the altitude. If you enable the altitude it drops to about 135,000 waypoints. Still good for 37 hours logging every second !
- Multi-Hz : as with other MTK based GPS receivers, the Q1000P can be switched to a 5Hz update frequency with some special tools (see the MTK Receivers topic for details) and using the time+speed logging modes, the data can be recorded at 5hz by the device above the specified speed
- Addition software :
1. Downloading/Configuring : http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=85368
2. Track editing : http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=106662
Questions, comments ?
|15 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
||Posted - 03 juin 2009 : 10:00:13
Ok thanks I'll try it
||Posted - 02 juin 2009 : 19:11:50
You can do so with BT747.
||Posted - 02 juin 2009 : 18:43:59
I updated my version of Travel recorder to v5 to be able to log HDOP, VDOP,... and I managed to do so in an excel file, but when I export it to nmea format, the corresponding fields of $GPGSA trame are not filled. Is it possible to do so ?
Thanks for your answers
||Posted - 08 mai 2009 : 15:35:58
"Drift filter" works OK but we must record in log also SPEED.
||Posted - 18 mars 2009 : 00:26:34
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Filterting is always double-edged, you might erase valuable data, seems like you need to backup your log before exeperimenting too!
||Posted - 17 mars 2009 : 19:33:48
I make short test "Drift Filter" and I understand how this work.
I can`t edit filter settings ,undo and if I use this function -in my track all points is erase and program says "dift corrected" .....
||Posted - 17 mars 2009 : 18:40:39
Qstarz Travel Recorder PC Utility V5 is released
Compatible models: Q1000 Platinum, Q1200, Q1200 Ultra, Q1300
Note: Q1300 and Q2000 users please wait until QSports v2.1 released and packed with Travel Recorder V5 as PC Suite.
Support Smart Filter to auto filter out drift waypoints for better and precise track data.
*Raw Data Manager
Detailed manage the log contents: decide which data you need to log and export as csv file. The device is capable of recording Date Time, Valid , Latitude, Longitude, Height, Speed, Heading, DSTA, DAGE, PDOP, HDOP, VDOP, NSAT, SID, RCR, and, Distance.
||Posted - 13 nov. 2008 : 09:57:57
Me too - I think I already have the answer where the data is fetched.
A trace of the communication would be needed during AGPS upload to the device.
||Posted - 13 nov. 2008 : 09:42:57
I wonder how AGPS is implemented in terms of MTK protocol...
||Posted - 12 nov. 2008 : 20:10:23
Well, they already copied at least one function from BT747: track separation by time distance ...
||Posted - 12 nov. 2008 : 20:08:57
for me changes is small and not important in this version
fix bug with download track
now I see only 1 track not many tracks with bad time/date
we wait for version with edit and download track from fle like in version 3.1 and many functions from other programs (Gpsync,Geotag,PhotMe...)
||Posted - 12 nov. 2008 : 13:01:20
Thanks for the heads up, let us know how you like it.
||Posted - 12 nov. 2008 : 11:19:45
QSTARZ Travel Recorder PC Utility 4.3 Released
Support upload photos to locr
Google Map - Support plunin Google Earth in Google Map
AGPS - Download AGPS data from internet assistance server (Only apply for MTK II chipset)
*Import Wizard - Integrate the geotag process
*Export Wizard - Integrate all exports: html, mht, kml, kmz, gpx, nmea, and csv
Speed/Altitude Graph - More detail info of tracks
html and mht export - add "Play" functionality
||Posted - 13 sept. 2008 : 17:31:55
i uninstall v4.2 and install 4.1 and track is OK
conclusion v4.2 has some errors
||Posted - 12 sept. 2008 : 12:58:53
You definitely should, this takes these loggers to a whole new level, there you go -> http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=85368
|This page was generated in 0,52 seconds.